This is taken from A Chipmunk Christmas.
- (Lively music plays)
- Mom Asparagus: So, how was work?
- Dad Asparagus: Fine. How was your day?
- Mom Asparagus: Fine, thank you.
- Dad Asparagus: How was school?
- Laura and Junior: Good.
- Mom Asparagus: Did you kids finish your homework?
- Laura and Junior: Yeah...
- Dad Asparagus: What should we do tonight?
- Mom Asparagus: That sounds like a good idea.
- Dad Asparagus: Let's put on our thinking caps.
- Archibald: (narrator voice) Weeknights can be a real bore, so why not break the routine?
- Dad Asparagus: How about we all learn French?
- Laura: I don't want to learn French!
- Jean-Claude and Phillipe: You take that back!
- Archibald: When you rent videos during the week, you have five more nights to catch up on all the movies you might have missed. Isn't that a nice reward for working like a dog?
- Dad Asparagus: Soleil is in the living room, watching a video.
- Laura: How about we rent a video tonight?
- Dad Asparagus: Yeah. Let's throw caution to the wind!
- Junior: Way to go, Soleil. I knew you'd think of something! Save us some popcorn.
- (Phone beep)
- Madame Blueberry: Hello! Popcorn delivery.
- Archibald: Put a little weekend in your week. Rent a video! Your video store carries a wide selection of films... adventures, dramas, mysteries, comedies, classics and children's fare. Don't hesitate to ask your video retailer for suggestions. In addition to the movies you already know, he can recommend many lesser-known films you're bound to enjoy. Remember, great entertainment awaits you... weekends, and weekdays.
- This was made during between The End of Silliness? and Larry-Boy and the Rumor Weed.