Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Person Questions
Three perspectives of the structured interview:
- Objectives of the interview, useful to ensure we don't miss key questions and to prioritize time in the interview by having more questions related to higher priority issues
- Thematic order, useful to provide a sequential path that will help the interviewee reflect on their experiences
- Actual questions that can be organized in either of the two prior perspectives. For now, I am going to organize them in the order we might direct the discussion, adding a (#) reflecting the objective it addresses.
OBJECTIVES OF THE INTERVIEW, the criteria for setting priority would be on the value of the information to our deliverables and the capability of the respondent to provide valuable information.
- 4 = How the Board Functions: Understand board motivation, personal goals and resources they provide within IDV. This is helpful to help them develop a viable strategy and is an opportunity to understand the board directly.
- 2/3/5 = How the organization operates today:
- Identify IDV strengths and weaknesses. This is critical to identify their mission.
- Identify IDV opportunities and threats. This is critical to identify their mission.
- Develop metrics, our ultimate deliverable.
- 1= Future of the Organization: Help IDV develop an appropriate mission and strategy for themselves. This is critical to develop useful metrics.
- Reflect on board member's own qualification, demographics , history (joining the board, interactions)
- Board member's own vision, mission, objectives
- Board's function and capability to impact TIV
- TIV vision, mission, objectives
- ITV SWOT analysis
This assumes we have already received their written survey.
- How did you come about to being on the IDV board?
- What is your role on the board/What committee are you on?
- What resources do you bring?
- What has been good about being a part of the board? 4
- What has been some of the challenges you've faced as being part of the board? 4
Function of IDV
- Should IV provide services for free or for a fee? 2
- How would you describe what Idea Village does? 2
- Has this changed since you've joined the board? 2
- What have been Idea Village's Successes and Failures to date (should we ask for open ended successes and failures or ask for something like the top 3 successes and top 3 failures-JL) 2
- Core strengths of IDV that make IV particularly well suited to succeed compared to other organizations? 2
- What are the other organizations in the area, that are trying to perform similar services? 3
- How are they diffferent than IDV? 3
- How could we look for other organizations that could be considered competitors or collaborators? 3
- Key weaknesses in IDV that will make it hard to succeed? 2
- What are the biggest changes and forces outside of IDV that could enhance its chance of success? 3
- What are the biggest changes and forces outside of IDV that could threaten its success? 3
- What will be the impact to IDV once the Katrina funding starts to run out? 3
Future of IDV
- If Idea Village could do 3 things to make a significant difference in New Orleans what would they be? 1
- In your own words what you think you Idea Villages Mission is? 1
- Is the mission to attract new entrepreneurs and businesses to NOLA, or to retain the ones already here? 1
- Is our target market large firms, small firms, brain gain professionals (ages 25-35), recent university graduates, or any potential entrepreneur? 1
- Is our target market creators of profit or non-profit businesses? 1
- Is our objective to create businesses that generate large revenues, or large number of jobs? 1
- Should IV provide network contacts, provide direct services or advocate for enrepreneurs? 1
- How do you visualize the activities of Idea Village changing in 3 years? 1
- How do you visualize the activities of Idea Village changing in 10 years? 1
- How do you visualize the goals of Idea Village changing in 3 years? 1
- How do you visualize the goals of Idea Village changing in 10 years? 1
- How do you think the Ideal Village should measure its social and economic development efforts? 5
- How do you think the Ideal Village should measure its social and economic impact? 5
- Should the metrics be broad so that all direct and indirect impacts are considered, even if it makes it more difficult to identify the role of IDV in these changes? 5
- Should the metrics focus on job creation, business creation, business climate changes or tax base increases? 5
- If we look for job creation metrics, should we focus on specific classifications of jobs? 5
- If we seek to understand customer satisfaction, who could be considered a customer of IDV? 5