A Cat's Life is the eighteenth episode of the seventh season of Shining Time Station. It aired on Playhouse Disney on Christmas Day 2002.
- This episode features Bailey, Marina, Florinda Showers, Tamao, The Kratt Sisters, Suzy, Pietra, Meilin Rae, Chelsea Mihara, Mona, Penny Crygor, Maylu Sakurai, Yai Ayano, Amy Lambert, Mel Blake, Joe, Chopper, Alex Davis, Bugsy, Mikey, Timmy, Dayton, Delaney, Virgil Hawkins, Richie Foley, Ed, Double D, Doug Funnie, Skeeter Valentine, Kick Buttowski and Brad Buttowski. One day, the gang find cats at the station. Stacy, Harry and Billy meet up with Puss In Boots who explains that he will do a round up. However, Schemer, Schemee and The Screws try to get rid of cats, but to no avail. After that, Puss thanks the others.
From Shining Time Station
- Mr. Conductor 1 (George Carlin)
- Mr. Conductor 2 (Alec Baldwin)
- Stacy Jones (Didi Conn)
- Harry Cupper (Leonard Jackson)
- Billy Twofeathers (Tom Jackson)
- Horace Schemer (Brian O'Conner)
- Schemee (Jonathan Shapiro)
- Bailey (Carol Jacobanis)
- Marina (Lisa Ortiz)
- Florinda Showers (Amy Birnbaum)
- Tamao (Megan Hollingshead)
- Whitney (Megan Hollingshead)
- Tierra (Amy Birnbaum)
- Suzy (Megan Hollingshead)
- Pietra (Carol Jacobanis)
- Joe (Kayzie Rogers)
- Chopper (Matthew Mitler)
- Alex Davis (Kayzie Rogers)
- Bugsy (Tara Jayne)
- Mikey (Kayzie Rogers)
- Timmy (Kayzie Rogers)
- Dayton (Tara Jayne)
- Delaney (Wayne Grayson)
- Meilin Rae (Nicole Oliver)
- Chelsea Mihara (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Mona (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Penny Crygor (Kelly Sheridan)
From Megaman NT Warrior
- Maylu Sakurai (Brittney Wilson)
- Yai Ayano (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Amy Lambert (Michelle Ruff)
- Mel Blake (Stephanie Morgenstern)
From Static Shock
- Virgil Hawkins (Phil LaMarr)
- Richie Foley (Jason Marsden)
From Ed, Edd N Eddy
- Ed (Matt Hill)
- Double D (Samuel Vincent)
- Doug Funnie (Tom McHugh)
- Skeeter Valentine (Fred Newman)
From Kick Buttowski
- Kick Buttowski (Charlie Schlatter)
- Brad Buttowski (Danny Cooksey)
- Samantha (Susan Laney Dalton)
- Sloan (Darren Frost)
- Spyke (Robert Tinkler)
- Puss In Boots (Carlos Alazraqui)
- James Learns A Lesson
- Foolish Freight Cars
- Here, Kitty Kitty
- James The Really Splendid Engine
- Puss in Boots debuts.
- This is the first time where cats are found at the station.
- It is revealed that cats used to live in cities.
- Kick and Brad debut.
- Delaney also debuts.
- (The episode begins with the show's theme song playing)
- Man: Reach for the steam, reach for the whistle, going the railing road. Reach for the words, reach for the story, follow the rainbow sun. To a Shining Time Station, where dreams can come true, waiting there for you.
- (The episode then opens with Bailey and the others at the station)
- Bailey: It's the day where we can talk about cats.
- Marina: That's right.
- Meilin: Wearing white pantyhose can look exactly like Ally and Anita.
- Chelsea: Sure thing.
- Joe: Mikeosu and Nario are our brothers.
- Chopper: How good.
- Virgil: Sis and Pop will love the cats.
- Richie: Even Mr. Foley.
- Suzy: In costume days we dress up as The Pantyhose Sisters.
- Pietra: Right.
- Amy: Seems that you and Annie have a lot in common about purple and black striped pantyhose.
- Mel: As well as Nikki.
- Alex Davis: Jamie's been my bro.
- Bugsy: He sure does.
- Ed: I'd like to do everything.
- Double D: Correct.
- Stacy: All cats come in shapes and sizes.
- Harry: Why yes.
- Billy: Puss In Boots has come over.
- Puss: Welcome, fellow amigos.
- (The Conductors appear)
- Mr. Conductor 1: At your service, Puss.
- Mikey: Mr. Conductors 1 and 2.
- Timmy: We were looking forward to see you.
- Mr. Conductor 2: That's right. It's the day where cats get a round up.
- Doug: See, Skeet? They're totally in.
- Skeeter: Do you know about coaches?
- Mr. Conductor 1: Oh yes. James had a deal with these. Let me explain.
- (Mr. Conductor 1 blows his whistle and James Learns A Lesson starts)
- Mr. Conductor 1: James was enjoying his life on the Island of Sodor, but he still had a lot to learn.
- Sir Topham Hatt: You're a special mixed traffic engine.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Said Sir Topham Hatt.
- Sir Topham Hatt: You can pull coaches or freight cars quite easily, but you must learn by your mistakes.
- Mr. Conductor 1: James knew what Sir Topham Hatt meant. He could well remember that dreadful accident on his first day.
- Edward: Be careful with the coaches, James.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Said kind little Edward.
- Edward: They don't like being bumped.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Everyone came to admire James.
- James: I'm really a splendid engine.
- Mr. Conductor 1: He thought and suddenly let off steam.
- James: Wheesh!
- Mr. Conductor 1: A shower of water fell on Sir Topham's nice new top hat. Just then, the conductor blew his whistle and James thought they had better go.
- James: Go on, go on!
- Mr. Conductor 1: He puffed to Edward.
- Edward: Don't push, don't push!
- Mr. Conductor 1: Puffed Edward. The coaches were grumbling too.
- Coaches: Don't go so fast, don't go so fast!
- Mr. Conductor 1: But James wouldn't listen. When at last they stopped at the next station two coaches were beyond the platform. They have to go back to let the passengers out. But no one seems to know about Sir Topham's new hat so James felt happier. Presently they came to the station where Thomas was waiting with his two coaches.
- Thomas: Hello, James.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Said Thomas.
- Thomas: Feeling better? That's good. Oh, that's my conductor's whistle. I must go. I don't know what Sir Topham Hatt to do without me to run this branch line.
- Mr. Conductor 1: And he puffed off importantly. Edward and James passed the field where James has had his accident. The fences were mended and the cows were back again. They ended their journey and rested before setting off for home. James was still wondering what Sir Topham would have to say about his new hat. Next morning, he spoke severly to James.
- Sir Topham Hatt: If you can't behave, I shall take away your red coat and have you painted blue.
- Mr. Conductor 1: James didn't like that at all. He was very rough with the grumbling coaches as he brought them to the platform.
- James: Don't talk, come on! Gordon never fetch his own coaches.
- Mr. Conductor 1: He thought to himself.
- James: And he's only painted blue.
- Mr. Conductor 1: To make James even more cross, this time no one came near him.
- James: I'll show them.
- Mr. Conductor 1: He thought.
- James: They thought Gordon is the only engine who can pull coaches. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
- Mr. Conductor 1: Puffed James.
- Coaches: You're going too fast, you're going to fast!
- Mr. Conductor 1: Replied the coaches. James laughed and tried to go faster, but the coaches wouldn't let him.
- Coaches: We're going to stop, we're going to stop!
- James: What's the matter?
- Mr. Conductor 1: James asked his driver.
- Driver: The brakes were on, leak in the pipe most likey. You banged the coaches enough to make a leak in anything.
- Conductor: How should we mend it?
- Mr. Conductor 1: Asked the conductor.
- Driver: We'll do it with newspaper and a leather bootlace.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Replied the driver.
- Conductor: Well, where's the bootlace coming from?
- Mr. Conductor 1: Asked the conductor.
- Driver: Ask the passengers.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Said the driver.
- Conductor: You have a leather bootlace there.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Said the Conductor to a smartly dressed man.
- Conductor: Please give it to me.
- Man: I won't.
- Conductor: Then I'm afraid the train will just stop where it is.
- Mr. Conductor 1: The passengers all said what a bad railway it was. Then they told the man how bad he was instead. Everyone was very cross. At last, he handed his laces over. The driver tied a pad of newspapers tightly round the hole in the brake pipe, and James was able to pull the train. But he was a sadder and wiser James, and took care never to bump coaches again.
- (James Learns A Lesson ends)
- Mr. Conductor 1: