A Very Scary Tale is a fanfiction Thomas & Friends episode, which was the second episode of the fanfiction Season 8.
Duck tells the other engines a scary tale of a sneaky devious small engine named Crovan who got in a horrible accident.
- Freight Cars
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- US Narrator: Ringo Starr.
- UK Narrator: Michael Galvin.
- Crovan's theme is similar to Arry and Bert's theme.
- Season 3-5 Beautiful Theme (start)
- Crovan's Theme (the start of the story of Crovan)
Ringo Starr US narration
- Ringo Starr: One evening, the engines were resting at Tidmouth Sheds. Duck was going to tell a story.
- James: I would like to head another story.
- Ringo Starr: Said James.
- Thomas: Me too!
- Ringo Starr: Whistled Thomas.
- Duck: Driver told me a story Yesterday, which interested me.
- Ringo Starr: Said Duck. So everyone listened.
- Duck: Since it is my turn now....
- Ringo Starr: Duck told me.
- Duck: This is the story. It happened last month. A black saddletank engine named Crovan, which he arrived to help on Edward's branch line, was devious, sneaky and naughty. He often tried to do dangerous things, but never succeeded, as Edward warned him.
- Edward: Don't be silly!
- Duck: He warned.
- Edward: You will be put in danger.
- Crovan: Pooh!
- Duck: He sneered.
- Crovan: I can do what I want!
- Edward: Sir Topham Hatt told you not to go to those dangerous things!
- Duck: Edward told him. Crovan never learned sense. His driver and fireman tried to warn him too.
- Crovan's Driver and Fireman: If you get into something more danger, you will get in a wreck!
- Duck: They told him.
- Crovan: I don't care!
- Duck: Crovan grumbled to them.
- Crovan: I never got into something danger!
- Duck: He didn't know he was only lying. One day, he asked the freight cars to push him past the board to a mountain cliffside.
- Crovan: Would you give me a bump when we get to the mountains?
- Duck: The freight cars had never being asked to bump Crovan before. They giggled and chattered about it.
- Crovan: I'll show my crew who's boss!
- Duck: Crovan laughed in a devious way.
- Freight Cars: On! On! On!
- Duck: Laughed the cars. Crovan thought they were helping.
- Crovan: If it worked, my driver and fireman would be wrong.
- Duck: Every wise engines knows that you can't trust freight cars.
- Freight Cars: Go on, go on!
- Duck: The cars yelled, and pushed Crovan past the board! Then there was trouble!
- (Crovan falls from the cliffslide)
- Duck: After the crash, Crovan was sent to the smelters yard to be scrapped.
- Ringo Starr: Said Duck.
- Emily: What happened?
- Ringo Starr: Asked Emily.
- Duck: Sir Topham Hatt and the workmen used Crovan's parts to mend us.
- Ringo Starr: Answered Duck.
- Oliver: This is so scary.
- Ringo Starr: Oliver said.
- Duck: That is because Crovan is very naughty and got what he deserved.
- Ringo Starr: Agreed Duck.
- Percy: This is so scary.
- Ringo Starr: Cried Percy.
- Duck: Don't freak out, Percy.
- Ringo Starr: Duck consoled him.
- Duck: I know you don't like scary stories.
- Ringo Starr: Percy agreed, and said no more. And with that, the engines had to go to sleep.