A World of Friends is the eighteenth episode of the tenth season of Shining Time Station. It aired on Playhouse Disney on December 26, 2007.
- This cultural episode features characters from Pokemon, Sonic X, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Megaman NT Warrior, Bakugan, Digimon, Beyblade, Magical Doremi, Dinozaurs and Mew Mew Power. One day, they are ready for a worldwide festival. To Stacy, Harry and Billy's surprise, Italy Veneziano arrives to visit. He explains that cultures will be presented to each character, and Sonic and Gingka agree about this. However, Schemer, Schemee and The Screws try to ruin the cultures, but they are kicked out. After that, Ash thanks Italy.
From Shining Time Station
- Mr. Conductor 1 (George Carlin)
- Mr. Conductor 2 (Alec Baldwin)
- Mr. Conductor 3 (Michael Brandon)
- Stacy Jones (Didi Conn)
- Harry Cupper (Leonard Jackson)
- Billy Twofeathers (Tom Jackson)
- Horace Schemer (Brian O'Connor)
- Schemee (Jonathan Shapiro)
- Ash Ketchum (Veronica Taylor)
- Mary (Kerry Williams)
- Misty (Rachael Lillis)
- Brock (Eric Stuart)
From Sonic X
- Sonic (Jason Griffith)
- Knuckles (Dan Green)
- Tails (Amy Palant)
From Sailor Moon
- Serena Tsukino (Terri Hawkes)
- Mina Aino (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Raye Hino (Katie Griffin)
- Lita Kino (Susan Roman)
- Amy Mizuno (Karen Bernstein)
- Sakura Avalon (Carly McKillip)
- Meilin Rae (Nicole Oliver)
- Madison Taylor (Maggie Blue O'Hara)
- Rita Sasaki (Stevie Bloch)
- Chelsea Mihara (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Nikki Yanagisawa (Kelly Sheridan)
- Yami Yugi (Dan Green)
- Joey Wheeler (Wayne Grayson)
- Tristan Taylor (Sam Regal)
- Tea Gardner (Amy Birnbaum)
- Seto Kaiba (Eric Stuart)
- Mai Valentine (Megan Hollingshead)
From Megaman NT Warrior
- Lan Hikari (Alex Doduk)
- Dex Ogreon (Scott McNeil)
- Maylu Sakurai (Brittney Wilson)
- Yai Ayano (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Eugene Chaud (Scott Perrie)
- Dan Kuso (Scott McCord)
- Shun Kazami (Zachary Bennett)
- Marucho Marukura (Joanne Vannicola)
- Runo Misaki (Julie Lemieux)
- Joe Brown (Travis Ferris)
- Mira Clay (Alyson Court)
- Julie Makimoto (Katie Griffin)
- Alice Gehabich (Emilie-Claire Barlow)
- Tai Kamiya (Joshua Seth)
- Kari Kamiya (Lara Jill Miller)
- Angie Hinomoto (Colleen O'Shaughnessy)
- Marcus Damon (Quinton Flynn)
- Gingka Hagane (Robert Tinkler)
- Zyro Kurogane (Brian West)
- Madoka Amano (Barbara Mamabolo)
- Ren Kurenai (Bryn McAuley)
- Kenta Yumiya (Lisette St. Louis)
- Sho Tenma (Christopher Jacot)
From Magical Doremi
- Dorie Goodwyn (Amy Palant)
- Reanne Griffith (Rebecca Soler)
- Mirabelle Haywood (Kether Donahue)
- Kaito Tatsuno (Jason Spisak)
- Taki (Doug Erholtz)
- Rick (Michael Lindsay)
- Rena (Philece Sampler)
From Mew Mew Power
- Zoey Hanson (Amanda Brown)
- Corina Bucksworth (Andi Whaley)
- Bridget Verdant (Bella Hudson)
- Kikki Benjamin (Kether Donahue)
- Renee Roberts (Mollie Weaver)
- Samantha (Susan Laney Dalton)
- Sloan (Darren Frost)
- Spyke (Robert Tinkler)
- Italy Veneziano (Brina Palencia)
- The Runaway
- Percy Takes The Plunge
- Red River Valley
- All anime characters appear together.
- Italy Veneziano debuts.
- The Sailor Scouts have been wearing Dic outfits since 1995.
- Team Rocket are absent.
- Maylu shares her black stockings with Angie.
- The Pokemon and Digimon characters prefer Spain and wear Matador outfits.
- The Sailor Moon and Magical Doremi characters prefer France and wear Mime outfits.
- The Sonic X and Beyblade characters prefer Venice and wear Boat guider outfits.
- The Yu-Gi-Oh! and Bakugan characters prefer Kenya and wear Safari Adventurer outfits.
- The Cardcaptors and Mew Mew Power characters prefer Germany and wear Dirndls and opaque white pantyhose.
- The Megaman NT Warrior and Dinozaurs characters prefer South Korea and wear Karate suits.
- (The episode opens with the show's theme tune playing)
- Man: Reach for the steam, reach for the whistle, going the railing road. Reach for the words, reach for the story, follow the rainbow sun. To a Shining Time Station, where dreams can come true, waiting there for you.
- (The episode then opens with the anime characters in international outfits at the station one day)
- Ash: All right, guys.
- Brock: It's the international party.
- Sonic: We can hear music.
- Knuckles: And much more.
- Serena: We've been mimes ever since.
- Mina: Oh yes.
- Meilin: We're wearing Dirndls ever since.
- Chelsea: Complete with white pantyhose.
- Yugi: It's always a safari adventure.
- Kaiba: Great.
- Lan: I can't wait to jack in animals.
- Dex: Of course.
- Stacy: It's been many times since.
- Harry: You got it.
- Billy: Look, there's Italy Veneziano.
- Italy: Hello, guys.
- (The Conductors appear, wearing international outfits)
- Mr. Conductor 3: Pleased to meet you, Italy.
- Dan: It's Mr. Conductors 1, 2 and 3.
- Shun: We were just passing.
- Tai: The cultures are ready.
- Kari: And there are lots more.
- Gingka: I can't wait for the parties.
- Zyro: And many more.
- Mr. Conductor 2: You bet we do.
- Dorie: See? They're in.
- Reanne: Yes!
- Kaito: I can be personal.
- Taki: Absolutely.
- Zoey: It's going to be an awesome time.
- Corina: Do you know about brakes?
- Mr. Conductor 1: Of course. It happened to Thomas when he had a problem. Let me explain.
- (Mr. Conductor 1 blows his whistle and The Runaway starts)
- Mr. Conductor 1: Thomas the Tank Engine was ill. Workmen had been trying to make him better, but it was no use.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Edward must take you to the works.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Said Sir Topham Hatt.
- (Edward's whistle toots)
- Mr. Conductor 1: Thomas felt very miserable. Then, Sir Topham Hatt spoke to Duck.
- Sir Topham Hatt: I want you to help Percy and Toby while Thomas is away.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Duck was delighted. He already knew Percy and soon made friends with Toby and Bertie. Terence the Tractor gave him a big welcome too.
- Terence: Take care of Thomas' coaches.
- Mr. Conductor 1: He advised.
- Terence: He's sure to miss them while he's away.
- (Duck's whistle toots)
- Mr. Conductor 1: Duck was very gentle with the coaches. Annie and Clarabel were impressed.
- Annie and Clarabel: Such nice manners.
- Mr. Conductor 1: They told each other.
- Annie and Clarabel: It really is a pleasure to go out with him.
- (Duck's whistle toots)
- Mr. Conductor 1: When Thomas came back, Annie and Clarabel told him how well duck had managed. Thomas was so pleased to be home that he soon forgot to be jealous.
- (Thomas' whistle toots)
- Mr. Conductor 1: The works have left Thomas' handbrake very stiff. It made his brakes seen they were on, when in fact they were not. As a result, he and his coaches often overran the platform. Thomas found this most embarrasing. Gradually, his driver and fireman learned to be extra careful. But one day, Thomas' fireman was ill and a relief man took his place.
- (Thomas' whistle toots)
- Mr. Conductor 1: The fireman had fastened the coupling and joined the driver and stationmaster on the platform to wait for Henry's passengers. The fireman had forgot all about Thomas' handbrake. Thomas simmered happily.
- Thomas: Not long now.
- Mr. Conductor 1: He tought. As he saw Henry slowly approaching. But Thomas' brakes were not on and suddenly he felt his wheels begin to move. He tried to stop, but he couldn't without his driver and fireman. He tried to whistle a warning, but he couldn't do that either. The Conductor, driver friman and passengers were all stranded on the platform.
- Annie and Clarabel: Stop! Stop!
- Mr. Conductor 1: Shreiked Annie and Clarabel. But Thomas, with plenty of steam, kept on going. The alarm went down the line.
- Signalman: Stop the runaway!
- Mr. Conductor 1: There ready for action was Harold the Helicopter. The inspector had made a plan and together they took off into the sky. At last Thomas was tiring.
- Thomas: I need to stop, i need to stop.
- Mr. Conductor 1: He panted weirdly. As they neared the next station Thomas saw Harold land. They entered the platform slowly enough for the inspector to act. Judging his moments the inspector scrambled into the cab and screwed the brakes on.
- (The inspector brakes with all his strength)
- Mr. Conductor 1: At last Thomas stopped. Both he and the inspector were very relieved. Then they thanked Harold.
- Harold: Think nothing of it. Glad to be at service anytime.
- Inspector: Thomas.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Remarked The inspector.
- Inspector: You must never let this happen again.
- Mr. Conductor 1: Weirdly, Thomas agreed with him.
- (The Runaway ends)
- Mr. Conductor 1: So that's how it wasn't Thomas' fault.
- Misty: That's just terrible.
- Brock: You'd be leaving right?
- The Conductors: Right.
- (The Conductors disappear)
- Maylu: We'll help you out with the cultures.
- Yai: Leave it to us.
- Italy: That's amazing.
- (Inside the jukebox)
- Tito: Grace is ready to do Red River Valley.
- Didi: It is a remake.
- Tex: Ye know what she says?
- Rex: It's a showtime to remember.
- Grace: Let's hit it, guys.
- (Grace performs Red River Valley, with the rest doing the instruments)
- Grace: From this valley they say you are leaving We shall miss your bright eyes and sweet smile For you take with you all of the sunshine That has brightened our pathway a while Then come sit by my side if you love me Do not hasten to bid me adieu Just remember the Red River Valley And the cowboy that's loved you so true For a long time, my darlin', I've waited For the sweet words you never would say Now at last all my fond hopes have vanished For they say that you're going away Then come sit by my side if you love me Do not hasten to bid me adieu Just remember the Red River Valley And the cowboy that's loved you so true.
- (Red River Valley ends)
- (Back with Schemer, Schemee and The Screws)
- Schemer: A culture festival.
- Schemee: Amazing.
- Samantha: As soon as we take over, we'll be famous.
- Sloan: Oh yes.
- Spyke: It'll be a piece of cake.
- (We find Mr. Conductor 1 with Gingka and Zyro)
- Gingka: You know about Shakira.
- Zyro: Can you take us to the Anything Tunnel?
- Mr. Conductor 1: Sure thing.
- (We zoom to the Anything Tunnel and Dare plays)
- Shakira: Hola! La la la la la La la la la la La la la la la la La la la La la la la la La la la la la La la la la la la I dare you (Leggo, leggo, leggo, leggo) All of my life, too late Till you showed up with perfect timing Now here we are, you rock it Our fingers are stuck in the socket It's just the nature, a game Get ready, we'll do it again Let's not recover, from the hangover When your eyes got me drunk I was sober Is it true that you love me? I dare you to kiss me With everyone watching It's truth or dare on the dancefloor La la la la la La la la la la La la la la la la Truth or dare on the dance floor La la la La la la la la La la la la la La la la la la la I dare you (Leggo, leggo) Of all the millions on the planet You're the one who's keeping me on it You know I like you, ain't nobody's business Your blue Spanish eyes are my witness It's just the nature, a game Get ready, we'll do it again Let's not recover, from the hangover When your eyes got me drunk I was sober Is it true that you love me? I dare you to kiss me With everyone watching It's truth or dare on the dancefloor La la la la la La la la la la La la la la la la Truth or dare on the dance floor La la la La la la la la La la la la la La la la la la la I dare you Is it true that you love me? I dare you to kiss me I dare you to touch me It's truth or dare on the dance floor La la la la la La la la la la La la la la la la La la la La la la la la La la la la la La la la la la la I dare you (Leggo, leggo, leggo, leggo)
- (Dare ends)
- Mr. Conductor 1: