Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Return to AoE Main Page
Combat skills are actively used in combat. They affect the attack and defense rolls that are used to determine the outcome of events.
Base Attack Skill is added to all attack rolls. It is ranked from 1 to 10. It increments at 600.
Weapon Group Skill is added to attack rolls with a specific class of weapons. It is purchased separately for each class of weapons. It is ranked from 1 to 10. It increments at 150.
- Maces & Hammers
- Spears & Polearms
- Bows & Crossbows
Base Defense Skill is added to all defense rolls. It is ranked from 1 to 10. It increments at 600.
Defense Group Skill is added to attack rolls with a specific defense. It is purchased separately for each defense. It is ranked from 1 to 10. It increments at 150.
General Skills are broken into two groups. Active Skills affect the various skills used in-game by increasing the character's chance of sucess. Passive Skills have a permanent, lasting effect upon the character.
Active Skills are ranked from 1 to 20 and increment at 50.
- Athletics (Swim, Jump, Climb) [ASP] : Used to perform physically-demanding activity.
- Concentration : Used by arcane & druidic casters to maintain control of Ambient Essence under stressful situations. Used by arcane casters to maintain indefinite control of some Ambient Essence.
- Burglary (Open Lock, Disable Device) : Used to defeat locks and mechanical traps.
- Legerdemain (Sleight of Hand, Pick Pocket) : Used to palm small objects or steal without being detected.
- Acrobatics (Balance, Tumble, Escape Artist) [ASP] : Used to perform activities requiring nimbleness and agility.
- Stealth (Hide, Move Silently) [ASP] : Used to remain unnoticed in concealing surroundings. Opposed by Notice.
- Notice (Spot, Listen) : Used to notice individuals attempting to remain unnoticed, or to similar. Opposed by Stealth.
- Spellcraft : Used by arcane spellcasters to manipulate Essence and manifest it as a spell.
- Spellweaving : Used by druidic spellcasters to manipulate Essence and manifest it as a spell.
- Magesight : Used to detect magical effects, and the ripples in ambient essence caused by other spellcasters.
- Lore (Knowledge [x] ) : Knowledge about a particular subject, whether broad or specific. The following are some examples of different Lores.
- Arcana : Used by arcane casters to identify magical effects and conceal their spellcrafting.
- Conversation (Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Intimidate, Bluff) : Used in social situations.
- Espionage (Forgery, Decipher Script, Disguise) : Used to be a spy or perform activities generally associated with them.
- Healing : Used to perform First Aid, assist Stamina & Attribute Recovery, as well as Cure Poison & Disease.
- Inspect (Search, Assess) : Used to find hidden objects, as well as determine the combat abilities of others.
- Beast Mastery (Ride, Handle Animal) : Used to domesticate and master wild animals, and ride tamed ones.
- Streetwise (Gather Information, Haggle, Appraise) : Used to gather information and get better deals from merchants.
- Weaveways : Used by druidic casters to identify magical effects and conceal their spellweaving.
- Wilderness (Survival, Knowledge Nature, Tracking) : Used to survive in the hostile wilderness.
Armor Skills are purchased separately for each class of armor. They reduce the Armor Skill Penalty a character takes to wear that class of armor. They are ranked from 1 to 5 and increment at 300.
- Light Armor Skill
- Medium Armor Skill
- Heavy Armor Skill
Learning provides a 1% bonus to further XP earned for each rank. It is ranked from 1 to 20 and increments at 75.