Autodesk Flint 2009
New Feature Highlights in Inferno 2009, Flame 2009 and Flint 2009
The 2009 releases of Autodesk’s visual effects systems provide digital artists with the reliable, flexible and interactive toolsets required to stay ahead of the competition. New features and enhancements include:
• New creative tools such as high-quality blur and glow tools, enhancements to the 3D tracking toolset for faster match moving and auto-stabilisation capabilities
• Expanded format support, including the ability to input Panasonic P2 MXF files and common professional Quicktime codecs
• Timeline enhancements including support for the Smoke SoftFX in a multi-layer timeline
• Enhancements to the OpenEXR workflow, allowing artists to perform compositing operations using high dynamic range files from applications such as Autodesk Maya 3D animation software and Autodesk Toxik software
• New productivity and troubleshooting tools, such as WiretapCentral, which allows users to browse the Autodesk systems’ clip libraries and encode media using a network-connected web browser
Autodesk’s visual effects and finishing systems have been used to create numerous blockbuster films, including all three Oscar-nominated movies for Best Visual Effects - The Golden Compass, Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Autodesk solutions have also been used to create Emmy-award winning television programmes such as Prison Break, Grey’s Anatomy, Pushing Daisies and many of this year’s Super Bowl commercials such as Coca-Cola’s It’s Mine, Budweiser’s Clydesdale Team and Federal Express’ Carrier Pigeons.
Pricing and availability
Autodesk anticipates that the 2009 releases of Inferno, Flame and Flint will be available in April 2008.