Welcome to the BB9 Cambodia Trip mini wiki at Scratchpad!
You can use the box below to create new pages for this mini-wiki. Make sure you type
[[Category:BB9 Cambodia Trip]] on the page before you save it to make it part of the BB9 Cambodia Trip wiki (preload can be enabled to automate this task, by clicking this link and saving that page. Afterwards, you may need to purge this page, if you still see this message).
Briefing + Cultural Orientation
- Date: 2 Dec (Sun)
- Time: 2pm
- Venue: Church of the Good Shepherd
- We will take Tetanus & Flu jab on 10 Nov 07, 5:30pm
- Dr. W.K. Koo & Associates clinic (Blk 960, Near the City Harvest Church. The one with black signboard)
- Malaria regime will start 2 weeks before and after departure (Voluntary basis)
- Will be getting NTUC travel insurance for everyone
- Insurance Policy: 7022211595
- International Hotline: 65-63344345
Total # of Participants: 19
|Boys||Chin Ming||Shi Hong||Ray Gin||Aloysius Liao||John Ng||Ricardo Tan|
|Zi Xing||Stanley Yin||Emmanuel||Jian Zhong||Bryan Tiong||Sean Tan|
|Teachers||Ms Cerena Ng||Ms Ong Lixiang|
|Officers||JunJie||Chee Seng||Kian Lai||Ivan Ho||Sai Ho|
Air Tix have been bought!
Hotel at Phnom Penh has been confirmed!
- Staying there 2 nights, 21-22 Dec 07
- Hotel is near to the Central Market, Bus Terminal and a shopping centre
- On 23rd, we will take a LOOONG bus ride to Siem Reap
What to do there? Your ideas are needed!
You may want to refer to BBLC website to get a glimpse of what have been done
- Christmas Campfire?
- Calligraphy in Khmer?
- Batik painting?
- Team building/ball games?
- Road building?
- Treasure hunt?
- Change parade?
- Friendly matches of volley ball or soccer? Bring along those soccer boots and jersey for them too!
- Royal Place ( must get tour guide, else wont be able to understand anything)
- Russian Market ( Tourist friendly, stall owners can speak simple english. Some prices are fix, some need to slash half. lots of factory rejects for NIKE, ADDIDAS, GAP. One dryfit NIKE only cost 5USD)
- Central Market ( walking distant from your hotel, but things are too pricy. Good to just take a look but dun buy things there)
- Olympic Market ( market visited by the locals, a good place to be absorbed into the local culture)
- Art Mesuem ( next to royal palace, nice building, but nothing to see..so maybe just bypass to take pix)
- River cruise ( 20USD/hour/boat. Think can fit 20 people..just enjoy the sun set, river breeze and eat on the boat while the seeing fishermen next to you trying to get their catch)
- Riverside ( got a lot of nice nice restaurants along the river...good to go in the early evening to see cambodian's way of life)
- When visiting Angkor Wat, should get a tour guide, else really very pointless to just walk around.
|21 Dec (FRI)||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||Meet at Changi||.||Fly to PP||ETA Phnom Penh||.|
|22 Dec (SAT)||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|23 Dec (SUN)||Take bus to Siem Reap||ETA Siem Reap||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|24 Dec (MON)||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|25 Dec (TUE)||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|26 Dec (WED)||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|27 Dec (THU)||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|28 Dec (FRI)||Tour Angkor Wat||Take bus to PP||Reach PP airport||.||Fly back to SG||Home Sweet Home|