HOW TO LOOK UP A HIGHER OR LOWER LEVEL CIRCUIT THROUGH BMP2
Effective Date: Immediately
Purpose: The purpose of this document is to define provide a method for the Affiliate Maintenance team to identify higher and lower level circuits in BMP
Roles / Responsibilities: This process is recommended for use in identifying higher or lower level circuits to assist in troubleshooting when AT&T informs the Affiliate Maintenance team that a trouble is related to a higher or lower level facility.
In the example I am using I am looking at lower level T1 circuit but this same process can be used to determine what higher level circuit a lower level circuit rides.
1) From your ticket Menu bar under Applications select CSD.
2) Click on Search.
|3)||Click on Continue.|
4) Click on Circuit Trace.
5) Click on Facility Open and then click OK.
6) Click on Search.
7) Click on All Higher Facilities to find higher level circuits that this circuit rides on or select All Lower Facilities for lower level circuits that ride this circuit.
8) This example shows all of the T1 circuits that ride this T3.
9) If you wish to get more information on a particular T1 you can select that circuit by clicking on it and click on the Facility Open button.
10) In the "Operation will perform a new search" box click ok.
11) In the next box showing the T1 ID click on Search.
You can continue to search on higher or lower facilities in this manner to help a customer find a T1 on a higher level circuit or to find a higher level circuit when a work center asks you to open a ticket on a higher level circuit.
Author: Katherine Limehouse
Source: BMP and Matt Klatkiewicz
Created Date: 02/28/08