Barney's Talent Show (1996, Animated version) is a Barney Home Video that was released on March 26, 1996 in an animated form.
- Barney, Baby Bop, BJ, Riff, Julie, Kathy, Stephen, Danny, Kenneth, Gianna, Our Heroes, The Shortman Gang, The Doodlebops, The Loonette Crew, The Ed Boys, The 100 Acre Wood Gang, The Hoop Kids, The Cardcaptor Girls, Team Sonic, The Powerpuff Girls, Timon, Pumbaa, Mystery Inc, The Totally Spies, CatDog, The Phantom Investigators and The Conductors (GC, AB and MB) prepare for an annual talent show. They make lots of songs and lots of joy. However, Team Rocket and The Greaser Dogs try to burn down the talent show, but they fail. After that, the gang are glad that's a success.
From Shining Time Station
- Mr. Conductor 1 (George Carlin)
- Mr. Conductor 2 (Alec Baldwin)
- Mr. Conductor 3 (Michael Brandon)
From Barney and Friends
- Barney (Dean Wendt)
- Baby Bop (Carol Farabee)
- BJ (Patty Wirtz)
- Riff (Michaela Dietz)
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel)
- Kathy (Lauren King)
- Stephen (Chase Gallatin)
- Danny (Jeffrey Hood)
- Kenneth (Nathan Regan)
- Gianna (Selena Gomez)
- Ash Ketchum (Veronica Taylor)
- Mary (Kerry Williams)
- Misty (Rachael Lillis)
- Brock (Eric Stuart)
- Jessie (Rachael Lillis)
- James (Eric Stuart)
- Meowth (Maddie Blaustein)
- Wobbuffet (Kayzie Rogers)
From Hey Arnold
- Arnold Shortman (Alex D. Linz)
- Gerald Johanssen (Tress MacNeille)
- Helga Pataki (Francesca Smith)
- Harold Berman (Justin Shenkarow)
- Sid (Sam Gifaldi)
- Phoebe Heyerdahl (Anndi McAfee)
- Stinky Peterson (Christopher Walberg)
- Rhonda Lloyd (Olivia Hack)
From The Doodlebops
- Dee Dee Doodle (Lisa Lennox)
- Rooney Doodle (Chad McNamara)
- Moe Doodle (Jonathan Wexler)
From The Big Comfy Couch
- Loonette (Alyson Court)
- Granny Garbanzo (Grindl Kuchirka)
- Major Bedhead (Fred Stinson)
- Uncle Chester (Edward Knuckles)
- Auntie Massacar (Taborah Johnson)
From Ed, Edd N Eddy
- Eddy (Tony Sampson)
- Ed (Matt Hill)
- Double D (Samuel Vincent)
From The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
- Winnie The Pooh (Jim Cummings)
- Eeyore (Peter Cullen)
- Rabbit (Ken Sansom)
- Tigger (Jim Cummings)
- Piglet (John Fiedler)
- Kanga (Kath Soucie)
- Owl (Andre Stojka)
- Roo (Nikita Hopkins)
- Gopher (Michael Gough)
- Christopher Robin (Tom Attenborough)
- Al Valentine (Yuri Lowenthal)
- James Rogers (Michael Reisz)
- Amy Lambert (Michelle Ruff)
- Mel Blake (Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Sakura Avalon (Carly McKillip)
- Meilin Rae (Nicole Oliver)
- Madison Taylor (Maggie Blue O'Hara)
- Rita Sasaki (Stevie Bloch)
- Chelsea Mihara (Jocelyne Loewen)
- Nikki Yanagisawa (Kelly Sheridan)
From Sonic X
- Sonic (Jason Griffith)
- Knuckles (Dan Green)
- Tails (Amy Palant)
From The Powerpuff Girls
- Blossom (Cathy Cavadini)
- Bubbles (Tara Strong)
- Buttercup (E.G. Daily)
From Timon and Pumbaa
- Timon (Nathan Lane)
- Pumbaa (Ernie Sabella)
From What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- Scooby-Doo (Frank Welker)
- Fred Jones (Frank Welker)
- Daphne Blake (Grey DeLisle)
- Shaggy Rogers (Matthew Lillard)
- Velma Dinkley (Mindy Cohn)
From Totally Spies
- Sam Simpson (Jennifer Hale)
- Clover (Andrea Baker)
- Alex (Katie Leigh)
- Cat (Jim Cummings)
- Dog (Tom Kenny)
- Cliff Feltbottom (Tom Kenny)
- Lube Ignatius (Carlos Alazraqui)
- Shriek Dubois (Maria Bamford)
From Phantom Investigators
- Daemona Prune (Courtney Vineys)
- Kira (Amber Ross)
- Casey (Andrew Decker)
- Jericho (Alecsander Kocev)
- A Big Surprise For Percy
- Busy Going Backwards
- James Learns A Lesson
- Foolish Freight Cars
- The World's Strongest Engine
- Thomas and The Jet Engine
- The Spotless Record
- Something Fishy
Jukebox Band Song
- We're Putting On A Show
- This marks the first appearance of The Shortman Gang.
- A talent show is held for the first time.
- As shown in Mel's Guitar Lessons, Mel sings Breakaway which is her favorite.
- It is revealed that a revue is used.
- (The video opens with the gang outside)
- Barney: We're ready for the talent show.
- Ash: All right.
- Julie: You and I like to be in our white tights.
- Kathy: You in a Gone Fishing, me in a Classical Cleanup.
- Arnold: All's well that ends well.
- Gerald: Correct.
- Meilin: We love to wear our white pantyhose.
- Chelsea: Ally and Anita too.
- Ed: I'm happy to know Jody.
- Double D: Even Ophelia.
- Amy: You and Annie like to share your purple and black stripy tights.
- Mel: Absolutely.
- Barney: Let's get everything started.
- (The Conductors appear)
- Mr. Conductor 1: We're with you, Barney.
- Rooney: Mr. Conductors 1, 2 and 3.
- Moe: We were just passing.
- Mr. Conductor 3: We're preparing to go to the talent show.
- Shaggy: Like, did you hear that, Scooby? They're in!
- Scooby: Yes!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Life on the Island of Sodor can get surprises. Let me tell you about Percy.
- (Mr. Conductor 2 blows his whistle and A Big Surprise For Percy starts)
- Mr. Conductor 2: Percy was working in the coal yards. He was feeling bored and lonely with only the silly freight cars for company.
- Driver: Cheer up, Percy.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said his driver.
- Driver: Sir Topham Hatt has told me that we must be here again tomorrow. We've just got to get the best of a bad situation.
- Percy: I'll try, sir.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Sighed Percy. Next morning, the freight cars started teasing Percy.
- Cars: Percy, Percy, green and small, he's no use to us at all, around the yard to puff and blow but on a hills, he's oh so slow!
- Percy: Be quiet!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Then he took the freight cars to the coal hopper to be loaded up. Percy still felt glum as he puffed up to the top of the hill. He parked his freight cars and then set off back down the mines. Not even a cheerful sight of Bertie the Bus could bring a smile to Percy's face.
- Bertie: What's the matter, Percy?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Asked Bertie.
- Percy: Nothing exciting ever happens. That's the matter.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Sighed Percy.
- Percy: It's just coal coal coal and cars cars cars. I'm bored bored bored.
- Bertie: Excitement is surprising.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Observed Bertie.
- Bertie: You never know when it'll happen. Overwise, it wouldn't be exciting. Toodle peep.
- Percy: It would be surprising if something surprising happened.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Muttered Percy. Later, he stopped by the water tower for a drink.
- Toby: Hello, Percy. How are things?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Asked Toby.
- Percy: Boring.
- Toby: Well, why not have a few spins on a turntable? You'll like that.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Toby.
- Percy: I think it just make me feel giddy.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Percy's driver interrupted.
- Driver: Stop gossiping, you two.
- Toby: Cheer up, Percy. You soon know about cars than any other engine. That'll be exciting.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Called Toby. The freight cars were still grumpy and there was more of them then ever.
- Cars: You much too small to pull one of us. We want another engine who would be struggling at the hill all night! All night, all right, you can puff and blow, but on a hill, you're still slow! Ha, ha!
- Percy: Slow yourself!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Stuttered Percy.
- Cars: Temper, temper.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Giggled the cars. Percy decided to simply carry on.
- Driver: Go to it, Percy.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Shouted his driver. The freight cars were still joking.
- Cars: Too slow, more power, here all night, tomorrow too!
- Percy: Be quiet!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Said Percy angrily. Then there was trouble. A coupling broke.
- Cars: Surprise, surprise! Catch us if you can!
- Percy: Oh, no!
- Mr. Conductor 2: Cried Percy. Percy's driver phoned the signalman and the yard forman told Sir Topham Hatt what was happening.
- Yard Foreman: They're heading for the big hill! It'll slow them down but they roll back again right into the village.
- Sir Topham Hatt: Then we'll just have to stop them, won't we?
- Mr. Conductor 2: The chase was on. As they approach the hill, they overtook the freight cars. Sir Topham Hatt and Bertie screeched to a halt, and waited for them near the top. The hill slow the freight cars right down to a stand still. Then the men quickly put wooden blocks behind their wheels so they couldn't roll backwards. The freight cars were now secured. Just then, Percy arrived.
- Bertie: Well, what do you think of that?
- Mr. Conductor 2: Joked Bertie.
- Bertie: A good chase is always exciting.
- Percy: It was certainly a surprise.
- Mr. Conductor 2: Decided Percy.
- Percy: And you are right, Bertie. A really useful engine should never be surprise by surprise.
- (A Big Surprise For Percy ends)
- Mr. Conductor 2: