Barney and Danny meet Oogtar, a jinxed cave kid.
- Barney as Ten Cents
- Danny as Sunshine
- Oogtar (from Mario) as Boomer
- Thomas (Narrating): One night, out on the main road, Barney and Danny spotted a cave kid they'd never seen before. His name was Oogtar. He was just drifting. Realizing he could be in trouble, they approached him cautiously. He was out of stamina, and could not go on much further. A rope was alongside him. He had no collar or license. It seemed no one owned him.
- Oogtar: Keep away, just leave me alone, please.
- Barney: Look, we can't. You're drifting on a busy road. That's dangerous.
- Oogtar: Even better.
- Danny: Eh, we'll have to take you in.
- Oogtar: Just leave me be. I don't want any help.
- Danny: Why? Why not?
- Oogtar: Because, well, because I'm a Jinx. I'm bad luck. Nobody wants a jinx.
- Barney: Oh, rubbish! There's no such thing as a jinx.
- Oogtar: Oh, isn't there? You'll soon find out. Stand off me.
- Barney: Look, jinx or not, we have to take you in. These roads have to be kept clear.
- Danny: Aye, Thomas will do something.
- Oogtar: No he won't, nobody can. Jinxes just happen. I just shouldn't have been a cave kid.
- Danny: Uh, have you always been like this?
- Oogtar: My name used to be Captain Bert. It was good then in those days. Then I was sold. A man adopted me and called me 'Oogtar'. Ever since then, nothing but trouble.
- Thomas (Narrating): Heh, Oogtar was right. Barney had set off ahead, when to everyone's amazement, the rope unwound and fell behind him.
- Barney: How did that happen? Oi, did you do that?
- Oogtar: Can't have, can I? It's you that's lost your end of the rope. I'm still holding my end.
- Danny: Ah, he's right, Barney. That's the first sign of a jinx I've ever seen.
- Barney: Yeah, well, It won't happen again. Look, come on, the sooner we get you to Thomas, the better.