Barney Live! In New York City (known on show posters as Barney Live! At Radio City) was Barney's fifth stage show, performed at Radio City Music Hall in New York City from November 8, 1993. It was released on video on Feburary 23, 1994.
Barney and his friends take the stage to delight and entertain everyone at Radio City Music Hall. They all work together to make a special surprise for the audience using items from "The Barney Bag". But before they are able to share it, the sneaky villain, The Winkster, sneaks away with the bag! Throughout the show, the kids are trying to catch The Winkster and teach him that it is so important to have friends and to share. Also, the chase takes everyone to "Barney's Imagination Circus" with fun-loving clowns and some dancing bears.
Cast (in order of appearence)
- Barney (Voice: Bob West / Body: David Joyner / Carey Stinson)
- Kathy ( Lauren King)
- Luci (Leah Gloria)
- Julie (Susannah Wetzel)
- Derek (Rickety Carter)
- Carlos (Corey Lopez)
- Harry (Robert Ri'chard)
- Kelly (Rebecca Wilson)
- Adam (Alexander Jihn)
- Amy (Becky Swonke)
- Tina (Jessica Zucha)
- Michael (Belrisn Eppes)
- Tosha (Hope Cervantes)
- Jason ( Kirt Dykuzien)
- Min (Pia Manalo)
- Shawn (John David Bennett, II)
- Baby Bop (Voice: Julie Johnson / Body: Dao Knight)
- The Winkster (David Voss / Ashley Wood)
- BJ (Voice: Patty Wirtz / Body: Jenny Dempsey)
- Barney Theme Song
- The More We Get Together
- Mr. Knickerbocker
- Welcome To Our Backyard
- Ring Around the Rosie
- My Yellow Blankey
- The Barney Bag
- The Winkster's Song
- She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain
- BJ's Song/Barney's First Failed Attempt to Catch the Winkster
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game
- Rain Medley: (Rain, Rain Go Away; & It's Raining, It's Pouring)
- If All the Raindrops
- The Rainbow Song
- Mister Sun
- And the Green Grass Grows All Around
- Band Instrumental
- I Am a Fine Musician
- The Imagination Circus
- Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy?
- The Wheels on the Bus
- The Three Little Monkeys Rap
- Do Your Ears Hang Low?
- The Elephant Song
- Derek the Incredible/The Exercise Song
- The Airplane Song
- Me and My Teddy
- Five Little Ducks
- BJ the Great Cannonball/The Chase Continues
- My Aunt Came Back
- Pop Goes the Weasel
- London Bridge
- Star Medley: (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, & Star Light, Star Bright)/The Winkster's Wish to Have Friends
- Please and Thank You
- Good Manners
- The Friendship Song
- The Barney Bag (Reprise)
- Everyone is Special
- I Love You
- Barney has his 1994 costume and voice.
- Baby Bop has her 1991-1992 costume and voice.
- BJ has his 1990-1993 costume and Season 2 voice.
- The arrangement for "I Love You" is similar to the Season 3 version, which would be a mix of the Season 2 arrangement (low-pitched) and the Good Day, Good Night arrangement (high-pitched), with the same vocals from "Barney's 1-2-3-4 Seasons". During this version, Barney's Season 3 voice, Baby Bop's Season 1 voice, BJ's 1990-1993 voice, and the kids' Season 3 vocals are used.
- This is Carey Stinson's first taped appearance as an alternate body performer for Barney. Like the Winkster, Barney used a double for "quick changes" (Barney transforming into a peanut salesman, for example). He would later return to be Barney's main costume actor in some live performances, like Barney's Big Surprise and Barney's Musical Castle, and on the television show, starting in 2002.
- This was also the first time in the entire series, where The Barney Bag played such a huge role, rather than usually having a minor role, like in the television show.
- This was the first time "The Barney Bag" was sung in 4 verses.
- After Act 1 and before Act 2 in the video version, there is an intermission title card shown with a circus background and circus instruments playing "I Am a Fine Musician".