Ben Small (born 1971) is a British actor descending from Canadian stock, who provides voices in the UK and US versions of Thomas & Friends.
Other credits include, "Lunar Jim", "Harry and his Bucket Full of Dinosaurs", "Clifford the Big Red Dog", "Watch My Chops", "Make Way for Noddy", and "Wallace and Gromit's Cracking Contraptions".
- Thomas (Hero Of The Rails - season 18)
- Toby (Hero Of The Rails - season 18)
- Ferdinand (Misty Island Rescue - season 16)
- Troublesome Trucks (King of the Railway - season 18)
- Rheneas (season 16 - season 18)
- Flynn (Season 17 only)
- Owen (Blue Mountain Mystery - season 18)
- He also sings the song, The Wheels on Thomas, which can only be heard at Day Out with Thomas events in the UK.
- HiT Entertainment wanted him to concentrate on Thomas alone, but it was then decided that he could also voice Toby if he wished to do so. This then snowballed because HiT wanted to have the same voices for some characters in both the UK and US versions.
- Small said in an interview with the Sodor Island Fansite that he was a fan of The Railway Series in his youth. He said that he listened to the Johnny Morris recordings as a child.
- Ben Small and Keith Wickham previously worked together on the BBC children's television series, "Watch My Chops" (aka "Corneil & Bernie"). Wickham voiced Corneil the dog and Small voiced Bernie, his dogsitter.
- He originally auditioned for the part of Thomas in the US version, but didn't get the part.