Best of James (with Ringo Starr's narrations of episodes 1-3 and 5) is a US fan-fiction VHS/DVD Release featuring three Season 1 episodes and one Season 2 episode narrated by Ringo Starr and four Season 3 episodes narrated by George Carlin and one song. The DVD release also featured three extra songs.
- A Proud Day For James (Ringo Starr)
- James In A Mess (Ringo Starr)
- Old Iron (Ringo Starr)
- No Joke For James (George Carlin)
- James Learns A Lesson (Ringo Starr)
- Percy, James and The Fruitful Day (George Carlin)
- James Goes Buzz, Buzz (George Carlin)
- Time For Trouble (George Carlin)
- Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover
- Harold the Helicopter (DVD only)
- The Island Song (DVD only)
- Gone Fishing (DVD only)
Here's part one of the 2002 version of Best of James (with Ringo Starr's narrations of episodes 1-3 and 5).
This part features:
- Video Treasures Tracking Control
- Video Treasures FBI Warning
- Anchor Bay Entertainment logo (1998-1999)
- Britt Allcroft Presents logo
- Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends Season 5 intro
- A Proud Day For James
- Nameplates after A Proud Day For James
- James In A Mess
- Nameplates after James In A Mess
- THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE & FRIENDS
- Based on The Railway Series by The REV.W.AWDRY
- Adaptation by BRITT ALLCROFT
- THE BEST OF JAMES
- Storytellers RINGO STARR & GEORGE CARLIN
- Directed by DAVID MITTON
A Proud Day For James
- Ringo Starr: One night, Henry and Gordon were alone with James. Although Sir Topham Hatt was beginning to think well of him, the other engines would talk of nothing but bootlaces.
- Gordon and Henry: Remember when they had to use a bootlace to get you out of trouble, James?
- (an owl hoots)
- Ringo Starr: They would tease. James tried to get back by talking about Henry, who got shut up in the tunnel and Gordon, who got stuck on a hill, but wouldn't listen.
- Gordon: You talk too much, little James.
- Ringo Starr: Said Gordon.
- Gordon: A fine strong engine like me has something to talk about. I'm the only engine who can pull the express. When I'm not there, they need two engines. Think of that. I've pulled expresses for years, and have never once lost my way. I've seen to know the right line by instinct.
- Ringo Starr: Every wise engine knows of course, that the signal man sets the switches to make the engines run on the right tracks. But Gordon was so proud he had forgotten.
Nameplates after A Proud Day For James
James In A Mess
- Ringo Starr:
Nameplates after James In A Mess