Bill and Ben's Trouble is the third Thomas & Friends episode for the 1994-1996 Season 11 made by SuperMalechi.
One morning, Bill and Ben are pulling a freight train to the Harbour when they accidentally get switched to a wrong siding and fall into a tidal pool, causing them to argue over who's to blame. Next morning, Ben asks Duck what a drip is, having heard a boy call his friend one at the platform, but Bill interrupts and tells Ben he's a drip, and they still argue. Bill soon gets his comeuppance when his side rod snaps and punctures his watertank on his way home. When Ben goes to help him, Bill feels ashamed and apologises to Ben.
- Bill and Ben
- Thomas (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- US Narrator: Alec Baldwin.
- UK Narrator: George Carlin.
- One of the Season 4 episode George Carlin did not narrate in the US version.
- This episode is based on the Fan-Fiction Magazine story "Bill and Ben Off the Tidual Pool" and the RWS story "Drip Tank".
- Bill and Ben's Season 3 theme (beginning, and Bill and Ben set off again after being lifted out of the pool)
- Season 3-6 music cue (busy variant) (used in episodes such as A Bad Day For Sir Handel and Cranky Bugs)
- Season 1-5 Danger Theme (Bill and Ben are sent through the wrong siding and crash off the tidal pool)
- Smudger's theme (Bill and Ben argue)
Alec Baldwin US narration
- RAlec Baldwin: Bill and Ben the Tank Engine Twins work in the China Clay Works on Sir Topham Hatt's railway. They are michevious, tricky and proud. They always get into michief. One day, Bill and Ben were pulling a train of freight cars from the China Clay Works to the Haurbor. Sir Topham Hatt sent them to pull together. At the Harbour, the signalman forgot to switch the switches to the right track. The twins were directed to a wrong siding. Up ahead was a tidal pool. Bill could see it ahead.
- Bill: Look out!
- Alec Baldwin: He cried. The driver braked hard, but it was too late!
- Alec Baldwin: No one was hurt, but the twins had landed on the tidal pool.
- Bill: Stop being pushy!
- Alec Baldwin: Snapped Bill.
- Ben: Don't call me that!
- Alec Baldwin: Ben snapped back.
- Bill: You should've not pushed me into the pool!
- Alec Baldwin: Puffed Bill.
- Ben: You pulled me!
- Alec Baldwin: Argued Ben.
- Bill: Didn't!
- Ben: Did!
- Bill: Did not!
- Ben: Did too!
- Alec Baldwin: Before long the twins were lifted back onto the rails and set off again. The twins were still cross and refused to speak to each other for the rest of the day. Next morning, Ben spoke to Duck.
- Ben: What's a drip? I've heard one boy calling another one at the platform!
- Alec Baldwin: But Bill interrupted.
- Bill: You're a drip!
- Alec Baldwin: Bill snapped!
- Ben: Am not! You made a wreck at the pool!
- Alec Baldwin: Ben argued even more.
- Bill: I didn't!
- Ben: You did!
- Bill: Did not!
- Ben: Did really too!
- Duck: Stop arguing, you two!
- Alec Baldwin: Warned Duck.
- Duck: I gotta collect my freight cars.
- Alec Baldwin: And Duck puffed away. Later, Bill was still in a bad mood. He was taking some China Clay cars to Edward's station. When he arrived, Edward and BoCo were there.
- Edward: Hello, Bill.
- Alec Baldwin: Said Edward.
- BoCo: You look mad.
- Alec Baldwin: BoCo said.
- Bill: Ben pushed me into the tidal pool Yesterday.
- Alec Baldwin: Grumbled Bill.
- Edward: The way we heard it, sounded like you are blaming each otter.
- Ringo Starr: Edward whistled. Bill ignored them and went home. He was still thinking about the accident he and Ben had with the tidal pool. Suddenly, it happened.
- (crack, water glushing)
- Bill: Bust my buffers!
- Alec Baldwin: Cried Ben. His driver found out that one of his side rod snapped and water dripped from his saddletank. He couldn't move. Ben has sadly finished his work just as Stanley arrived.
- Stanley: Bill's in trouble!
- Alec Baldwin: He cried.
- Ben: Bill in trouble?
- Alec Baldwin: Ben cried.
- Ben: I'm on my way!
- Alec Baldwin: And he steamed to the rescue. He helped Bill all the way home. In the sheds, Bill spoke to Ben.
- Bill: I am sorry I called you a drip.
- Alec Baldwin: He said.
- Bill: Can we be friends again, please.
- Alec Baldwin: Ben was delighted to agree. And the two engines fell happily asleep.