Sara was crying.
Not sniffling. Crying full tilt.
- Josh: Sara...
I put a hand on her shoulder.
She shuddered, and slid away.
- Josh: Sara, what's going on?
- Sara: ...th..the next muh...mission.
I wasn't sure if I should hug her.
Tentatively, I reached out my hand to her.
She grabbed for my hand.
- Sara: ...there are so m-many aliens at Darkside...
- Sara: ...I...I'm scared.
- Sara: ...I don't wanna die... I don't wanna buh-liss...
- Sara: ...I want to be happy, really happy, not in Bliss...
- Sara: I'm so scared...
I put my hand on her forehead.
- Josh: ...We have a chance in hell of making it.
- Josh: I'll be there.
- Josh: Anna will be there.
- Josh: ...and most frightening of all to the Nightmares... you'll be there.
She rolled her head back into my hand.
And turned her head away.
- Josh: Sara... what's wrong?
- Sara: ...you're gonna have to ask me, aren't you.
- Sara: ...we're not gonna make it unless...
- Sara: ...unless you ask me.
- Sara: And we do it.
- Sara: And we get the big guns.
- Sara: Because we did it.
- Josh: Sara...!
She wrenched herself away from me.
- Sara: Ask me already!
- Sara: I know you want to do it!
- Sara: I know we need to do it to get the best robots!
- Sara: Get it over with!
- Josh: I...
- Josh: Sara...
"I do want to. I desperately want to."
$ stru -= 1 $ sint == 5 $ trubreak? == 1
"I wasn't going to ask."
if $ sstr > 0:
- $ sstr == 0
- $ stru += 1
"Nothing you don't want to happen will happen."
$ sint == 5
She stared at me.
I couldn't read her expression.
"Sara, I love you."
"...if you don't want it to happen,"
"We can make it."
"We can survive Darkside..."
I dropped my head.
She dropped hers.
And held on tight.
Sara: "Thank you..."
Sara: "That... that means a lot..."
We stood there, together, for a long time.
Sara: "...Josh, um..."
Sara: "...let's go to my room, or something..."
I looked right into her eyes.
...she wasn't afraid.
Sara sat on the bed.
Patted the space beside her.
I sat down.
Put a hand on her knee.
Josh: Do you want me to stop?
Sara: That's nice.
Sara: Just, you know, this is...
Sara: Having to think about this is embarrasing.
Josh: ...yeah, it is.
She rest her head on my shoulder.
Kissed my neck.