Born Under A Bad Sign is the third track of The COZI Superstars Sing The Blues which is covered by Terry McGinnis (from Batman Beyond)
- While strolling along at Hamilton Hill High School, Terry bumps into Nelson Nash, who reprimands his excuses. Terry thinks that Nelson is a fraud, and before Howard and the other girls could reply, he does a song called Born Under A Bad Sign. After the song, Principal Nakamura arrives to see everything.
- Terry McGinnis (Will Friedle)
- Nelson Nash (Seth Green)
- Dana Tan (Lauren Tom)
- Max Gibson (Cree Summer)
- Chelsea Cunningham (Rachael Leigh Cook)
- Howard Groote (Max Brooks)
- Bobbi "Blade" Summer (Melissa Disney)
- Principal Nakamura (???)
Transcript and Lyrics
- (We open this music video with Bruce Wayne announcing it)
- Bruce: And now it's time for the third track of the COZI Superstars Sing The Blues, the part of the show where my friends and I come out and sing a Simpson Song. We join Terry as he walks along the hallways at Hamilton Hill High School, until...
- (Terry bumps into Nelson)
- Nelson: Hey, watch it, you big bully!
- Terry: Who are you calling me a big bully?! I don't need some pathetic excuses!
- (Dana, Max, Howard and Bobbi run over)
- Dana: What is going on, McGinnis?
- Chelsea: Sounds like a fight.
- Terry: It's Nelson! He makes me feel unappreciated!
- Howard: What?!
- Bobbi: Don't tell us you're...
- Terry: (cutting in) I know, I know. I was born under a bad sign.
- (He gets up and performs the song)
- Terry: (singing) Born under a bad sign, I've been down since I began to crawl! If it wasn't for bad luck, You know, I wouldn't have no luck at all! Hard luck and trouble Been my only friend. I've been on my own Ever sinced I was ten! Born under a bad sign! I've been down since I began to crawl! If it wasn't for bad luck, You know, I wouldn't have no luck at all! I do not like to read, I can hardly write. My whole life has been One big fight! Born under a bad sign! I've been down since I began to crawl! If it wasn't for bad luck, I said I wouldn't have no luck at all! And that ain't no lie!
- (B.B. King plays a solo on Lucille)
- Terry: Y'know, if it wasn't for bad luck, I would not have no kind of luck! If it wasn't for real bad luck, I would not have no luck at all! You know, beer and bowling Is all I crave. A big bag of pork rinds Gonna carry me to my grave! Born under a bad sign! I've been down since I began to crawl! If it wasn't for bad luck, I tell ya I wouldn't have no luck at all! Good take, boys! Yeah! I think that now that I'm a blues singer, I should have some kind of name. How 'bout Muddy McGinnis? No? Big Terry! T-Bone Terry! Blind Lemon McGinnis! ........ Blind Lemon-Lime Terry! Blind Grapefuit Terry! Blind Strawberry Alarm Clock Terry! No, that's ... That's ... They used that already. Blind ... (fade out)
- (Born Under A Bad Sign ends)
- Terry: So, how'd you like it?
- Nelson: Uh...
- (At that moment Principal Nakamura shows up, with Commissioner Gordon)
- Principal Nakamura: What is going on?
- Commissioner Gordon: I believe it is a suspect.
- Terry: No, but it's Nelson.
- Nelson: Uh, oh.
- Bruce: This has been the third track to the COZI Superstars Sing The Blues. Tune in next time for the fourth one.
- (End of Music Video)