Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
EU Institutions and other EU bodies in Brussels area are the European Commission, the European Parliament, the Councilium, the Committee of the Regions, the Economic & Social Committee, etc (to add here).
Brussels European Schools: Uccle (I), Woluwé (II), |Ixelles (III), Laeken (IV), 'future Brussels V'.
Belgian schools: see Dutch speaking schools on Vlaams Onderwijs Centrum Brussel and French speaking schools on I.D.J. (Association pour l'information et la documentation des jeunes et du grand public).
Other schools (not exhaustive list): German School of Brussels (Wezembeek-Oppem), Japanese School of Brussels (Beaulieu), Jean Monnet French School of Belgium - Lycée Français (Uccle), Prinses Juliana Dutch School (1040), Scandinavian School of Brussels - Ecole Reine Astrid (Rhode-St.-Genèse), Brussels English Primary School (1050), Waterloo Montessori School (Waterloo), Montessori House Brussels (1150), St.John's International School (Waterloo), the International School of Brussels (Boitsfort), British School of Brussels (Tervuren), EEC International School (1040), Open University (1040), Vesalius College (1050) Boston University Brussels (1090) European University - EEC College (1050)
Higher eductaion: College of Europe (Bruges), Management Centre Europe (1040), European Business School (1060), European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (1050).
See also activities organised with the Brussels European Schools.
- Internal to the institutions: European Interinstitutional Centre (Overijse) - for 4 to 14 years old (Easter & summer holidays); and AEP – Centre national de vacances (Evere) - for teenagers (second and third weeks of July).
- Plaines de jeux, organised by each municipalities (communes) during Belgian school holidays.
Babies & toddlers facilities
- internal to the institutions: Beaulieu (EC), Clovis (EC), Palmerston (EC), Council day nursery, ...
- private (registered): see Kind en Gezin Hoofdzetel (Dutch speaking) and Office de la naissance et de l'enfance (ONE) (French speaking),
After-school childcare internal to the institutions: Beaulieu (EC), Genève (EC), Ixelles European School, Uccle European School, Wilson & Van Maerlant (EC), Woluwé European School.
Some of the following clubs of the EU institutions might also be relevant for children (possibly older) & families:
- Cercle des Loisirs de l'Enfant et de la Famille - CLEF (EC)
- Carrefour Européen (excursions)
Other clubs are obviously more adult oriented: Mus (Spanish), Art, Bridge Chamber music, Pensée libre pour l'Europe, Sewing & couture, Photo, Chess, Theatre, Genealogy & heraldic, Litterature (including leisure library). Idem for the Sports clubs: Athletics, Hiking, Aviation, Horse riding, Badminton, Martial Arts, Basketball, Physical Education, Bowling, Sailing, Climbing Sports, Diving, Squash, Football, Swimming, Gliding, Table Tennis, Golf, Volley ball, Gym'danse, Yoga, ...
- Bureau de Liaison Bruxelles-Europe
- Ligue des familles
- Ecole des Parents et des Educateurs(EPE)
- To donate toys: Croix-Rouge de Belgique (Belgian Red Cross) - Activités sociales;
Oxfam; Armée du Salut (Salvation Army); Mon jouet pour un ami; La Main à la Pâte - L'Atelier jouets; ...