Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bugs 'n Daffy's 65th Anniversary Special is the 65th episode of the Warner Bros. Animation series, Bugs 'n Daffy. This episode premiered on August 30, 1996, as this episode was created to celebrate the Looney Tunes series' successful run but, behind the scenes, a mysterious adversary is plotting their demise for good. This episode featured guest appearances by Pinky and the Brain, Babs and Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck, Sylvester, Tweety, Yakko, Wakko, Dot, Dizzy Devil, Fifi La Fume, Pepe Le Pew, Porky Pig, Lola Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn and Yosemite Sam. Bosko and Goopy Geer, in their Tiny Toons designs, appear in the special as well. The episode was directed by Charles Visser and Byron Vaughns, with the animation being completed by Chuck Jones Productions. This episode was one of the few episodes of Bugs 'n Daffy that was an hour-long special (It would be the only one in the regular episode package until Looney Tunes & Winx Club: Looney Winx Unite! in 2011, though that was considered as a special episode for Looney Tunes Laff Riot). Chuck Jones, Phil Monroe, Maurice Noble and the Chuck Jones Productions staff proclaimed this as their favorite Bugs 'n Daffy episode.
The episode begins with an opening sequence showing the evolution of Looney Tunes throughout the year, as an off-screen narrator, voiced by Jeff Bennett, gives an opening narration. After the opening, various characters of the Warner Bros. Animation studio congratulate Bugs and Daffy for their run in Looney Tunes and wishes the series a happy 65th anniversary. Fellow Warner Bros. alumni, such as the Warners, Babs and Buster Bunny, Porky Pig, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Speedy Gonzales and Pepe Le Pew, all give their memories of the series. Off-screen, Mr. Swackhammer, from Space Jam, plans to capture the Looney Tunes once and for all. However, his plans are thrwarted when Pinky and the Brain put him in an ACME rocket and send him to the moon. The toons all thank the viewers for watching Looney Tunes all these years and the special ends.
Bugs 'n Daffy is known for its gag credits, often only visible when watching the show frame by frame. Such as the case with Bugs 'n Daffy's 65th Anniversary Special, which had numerous gags inserted in its credits. The gag credit list includes:
- Reason This Episode Was A Full-Hour: Cuz It's So Darn Good!
- Original Running Time: 60 minutes
- Hey, What About That Urkel Kid, Is He Funny Or What?
- Executive Producers List #2: Norman McCabe, Bob Clampett, Robert McKimson, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, The Warners, Babs and Buster Bunny, Steve Urkel
- This Episode Has Been Formatted For Your Children.
- First Televised Screening: January 13, 1995. Kids' WB!, The End of Independence
- Official Televised Screening: (See above gag credit)
- Orlando Magic Owners and Co-Owners: Julius Erving and Bugs Bunny
- Reason A Steve Urkel Caricature Is In This Episode: Family Matters now airs on The WB.
- Additional Voice Dialouge: Marlon Wayans and Keanu Reeves
- If You Have Been Paying Attention, This Is Episode #65. Episodes 66-75 will premiere soon.
- Other Stuff Done By: A Guy Named Michael
- And Th-Th-Th-That's All Folks! There is a pause in the ending music, as the Tiny Toons theme plays in its opening arrangment, this later switches to the Animaniacs theme. We Lied. Cast listing begins, the last of which is, "Damey Wayne as Waynehead".
- Only Regrets: Fran Drescher, Oprah Winfrey, Jay Leno and David Letterman
- Other Caricature Appearance: Whoopi Goldberg
- The Characters Featured In This Episode, Fictional, Dead or Alive For That Matter, Is Purely and/or Rarely Coincidental, By Accident.
- Suggested Prices: $19.95 For The Video or DVD That This Episode Is Released
The end tag credit is Bugs Bunny, who chomps on his carrot and says, "Well, That's All Folks!".
- Billy West as Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd
- Joe Alaskey as Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tweety, Plucky Duck, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote, Marvin the Martian and Pepe Le Pew
- Charles Adler as Buster Bunny
- Dee Bradley Baker as Road Runner
- Maurice LaMarche as Yosemite Sam, Dizzy Devil and The Brain
- Rob Paulsen as Yakko Warner and Pinky
- Jess Harnell as Wakko Warner
- Tress MacNeille as Dot Warner and Babs Bunny
- Bob Bergen as Porky Pig
- Kath Soucie as Fifi La Fume and Lola Bunny
- Jeff Glen Bennett as Foghorn Leghorn
Broadcasts of the special
When the special first premiered, it later aired on other specialty television networks, such as Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. This special also aired on the WB Network in 2006 before the network's closure as it even aired on the final night of the WB. This special airs on Kids' WB! occasionally as its most recent rerun was during a Looney Tunes New Year's Day marathon at the start of 2011. USA Network and TV One, despite the latter being a network for all African Americans, aired this special during the Summer of 2009.