The Documentation Unit hosts analytical papers on documented incidents for the purpose of deriving historical lessons that may lead to the improvement of CEM implementation of management by objectives in and around ICS structures and deployed resources.
Documentation Unit Index
IS study guides
entire course zipped
short analytical essays
Short analytical essays on various topics relating to CEM, ICS/NIMS, and the NRF. Topics in areas of interest include but are limited to:
- The "Plain English" ICS communications standard and spontaneous volunteer-ICS integration
- Citizen and NGO participation in Hazard Mitigation, Disaster Preparedness, Response and Recovery
- All-hazard Local Emergency Response under the NRF
- Historical review of miltary command and staff systems as ICS precursors - derived historical lessons on improvements in efficiency and strategic superiority
- The exercise cycle and effective resource training: computer applications and emulation of FCS. Effective modeling of ICS resources and FCS assets for progressive-complexity tabletop exercising of ICS command and staff structures in the local FCS support role.