Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Banjo-Kazooie, he has crashed his ship, The Salty Hippo, and is upset because he has lost his treasure. He would like to get it back, but he doesn't know how to swim. As it turns out, his treasure is still onboard his ship, and when you bring him both pieces, he will reward you with a jiggy. If you have collected all 100 jiggies at the end of the game, he will ride a waveracer, presumably one he bought with his treasure.
In Banjo-Tooie, Captain Blubber runs a waveracer shop in Jolly Roger Lagoon, which isn't doing very well business-wise. One of Blubber's waveracers has been swallowed by a fish (which later turns out to be the one holding Jolly Roger's partner, Merry Maggie). If you buy Captain Blubber's last possession for just one doubloon, he will give you a box with a pair of turbo trainers inside (which you will need to get the Jinjo in a cave just above the lagoon). At the end of the game, he is seen riding the Saucer of Peril from the Witchyworld level.
- Species: Anthropomorphic Hippopotamus
- Skin Color: Grey
- Clothing: Black Pirate Hat, Red and Black Striped Pants, Brown Belt, Black Shoes
- Friends: Banjo, Kazooie, Jolly Roger
- Enemies: Captain Blackeye
Counterparts (Mario Version)
Counterparts (Banjo-Kazooie Version)
- Salty (Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends)
- Sea Rogue's Uncle (TUGS)
- Shamus (Theodore Tugboat)
- Funky Kong (Super Mario Bros.)
- Captain Squeege (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- The Sheriff (Wacky Races)
- Fred Duck (Garfield and Friends)
- The Robot Pirate (Horrid Henry)
- Patchy the Pirate (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Captain McAllister (The Simpsons)
- Seamus (Family Guy)
- Cap'n Betty (Jimmy Neutron)
- Gopher (Winnie the Pooh)