Nearly all characters in Beyond the Veil are player characters, and Gatekeepers should have to play no more than one character- though for the sake of impartiality they may not want to play a character at all.
A character is comprised of several parts which should be recorded on their character sheet;
- A character should always have a name. You expect different things from Kahzket than you would from Namael, and much different things from either of these individuals than you would from Joe, Steve, or Kate.
- The most important mechanical aspect of a character is their Rank, this single number determines much about the character- including both the total of their Stats and their maximum, what Attunements the character can have, and what the maximum number and level of Domains the character can possess are.
- Max Psyche is across from that, calculated by adding the character's Endurance plus their Rank plus one.
- Next comes their rating in each of the five Stats.
- Below this should be named the Attunements the character has gained.
- After their powers any current Titles the character has earned are listed.