Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This checklist is part of the Gynsurgery guidelines used in an educational setting for residents in Ob-Gyn.
(The pdf checklist Cystoscopy Checklist may not contain the latest changes)
Checklist for Prevention of Cystoscopy Complications
- ___ Avoid prophylactic antibiotics (prevent resistant infection)
- ___ lubricate cystoscope trochar (prevent minor urethral pain)
- ___ use smallest caliber cystoscope available for diagnostic purposes (prevent minor urethral pain)
- ___ maintain sterile field for introduction of cystoscope (prevent postoperative urinary tract infection)
- ___ visualize urethra and bladder immediately upon introduction of cystoscope (prevent urethra, bladder or ureteral injury/perforation)
- ___ avoid excessive introduction pressure of cystoscope (prevent urethra, bladder or ureteral injury/perforation)
- ___ use different degree scopes from 0 degrees to 30 to 70 degrees to visulatize entire urethra, bladder trigone and walls and ureteral openings (decrease risk of missing pathology)