Dawn Patrol employs a multi-lateral system for secret information based on departmentalized clearances. Within these clearances, levels of security can be built in. All Dawn Patrol employees undergo a standard security check, and are granted a Camelot-01 clearance.
The following are a series of common clearances, found in all branches of the Dawn Patrol.
- CAMELOT—General Staff
- Level 01: CLASSIFIED, requires a background criminal record check. Allows access to lower-tier GUINEVERE functions.
- Level 02: SECRET, requires a Camelot-01 clearance, designation from at least senior non-commissioned officer with an Arthur-01 clearance, and a security check. Required for Lancelot and departmental clearances, non-enforcement management posts.
- Level 03: TOP SECRET, requires a Camelot-02 clearance, designation from at least at least a junior officer with an Arthur-03 clearance, a security check, and a polygraph test. Required for Arthur clearance.
- LANCELOT—Patrollers, Deputized Heroes, and Security Staff
- Level 01: CLASSIFIED, requires a Camelot-02 clearance and designation from the candidate's executive officer.
- Level 02: MOST CLASSIFIED, requires a Lancelot-01 clearance, designation from the candidate's executive officer, and Leftenant rank.
- Level 03: SECRET, requires a Lancelot-02 clearance, designation from the candidate's executive officer and a supervising Homeland officer with Arthur-05 clearance.
- Level 04: TOP SECRET, requires a Lancelot-03 clearance, designation from the candidate's executive officer, a supervising Homeland officer with Arthur-05 clearance, and Field Commander rank.
- ARTHUR—Administrators, Commanders, Homeland Officers
- Level 01: LIMITED ACCESS, requires Lancelot-03 and Camelot-03 clearances, Leftenant rank. Allows level 01 access to ALL security clearances excluding PERCIVAL, ARTHUR and MORGAN.
- Level 02: CLASSIFIED, requires Arthur-01 and Lancelot-04 clearances, Field Commander rank. Allows level 04 access to ALL security clearances excluding PERCIVAL, ARTHUR and MORGAN.
- Level 03: MOST CLASSIFIED, requires Arthur-02 clearance, Commander rank. Allows upper-tier GUINEVERE functions and level 04 access to ALL security clearances excluding ARTHUR and total access to BEDIVERE, KAY, and MALORY
- Level 04: SECRET, requires Arthur-03 clearance, detailed vetting by Morgan-06 cleared personnel. Privileges of this clearance classified to Arthur-03 personnel.
- Level 05: TOP SECRET, requires Arthur-04 clearance, detailed vetting by Morgan-06 cleared personnel. Privileges of this clearance classified to Arthur-03 personnel.
The following clearances correspond to specific departments within the Dawn Patrol, and define security levels at their own discretion.
- MALORY—Public Relations
- MORGAN—Internal Affairs
- Viviane clearances are assigned to officials outside of the Dawn Patrol, and are defined by limitations specific to each clearance.
Each Dawn Patrol Regional Headquarters uses its own security clearance for operational security purposes.