Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Has the following internal payload racks at launch:
- Biolab - supports experiments on micro-organisms, cells and tissue cultures, and even small plants and small insects.
- EPM (European Physiology Modules Facility) - a set of experiments that will be used to investigate the effects of long-duration spaceflight on the human body. Experiment results will also contibute to an increased understanding of age-related bone loss, balance disorders and other ailments back on Earth.
- FSL (Fluid Science Laboratory) - will accommodate experiments in the strange behaviour of weightless liquids. These too, could bring far-reaching benefits on Earth: better ways to clean up oil spills, for example, and even improved manufacture of optical lenses.
- EDR (European Drawer Rack) - is a modular and flexible experiment carrier system for a large variety of scientific disciplines, providing basic accommodation and resources for experiment modules housed within standardised drawers and lockers.
- ETC (European Transport Carrier) - accommodates items for transport and stowage. In orbit ETC will serve as a workbench and stowage facility.
Has the following external payloads at launch: