Come Out Henry (known in the UK as The Sad Story of Henry) is the third episode of the first season of Thomas & Friends. It aired on Shining Time Station in the 1989 episode, Does It Bite?, and the 1993 episode, Mysterious Stranger, as well as the Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales episode from 1996 entitled, Paint The Town Red.
- Henry is a long and fast green engine who refuses to come out of the tunnel due to his fear of the rain. Sir Topham Hatt, in his proper introduction, decides that it would be best for Henry to be locked up with bricks for tunnel blockage. Henry, devastated, is forced to stay locked for the rest of his life.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Thomas (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- This is the episode where we are introduced to Henry and Sir Topham Hatt.
- James is briefly seen in this episode before his introduction in Thomas Saves The Day.
- The George Carlin version can be seen on the US release entitled: Best of Henry, which is released on June 14, 2005.
Home Media Releases
- Thomas and Gordon & Other Stories
- Your Favorite Story Collection
- Thomas Gets Tricked & Other Stories (June 7, 1990)
- Best of Henry (June 14, 2005)