Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Location: Bristol, England
Diagnosis: During caesarian section discovered extensive masses within the pelvis and large masses within the liver. Thought to be Ovarian cancer, later diagnosed Stage IV DSRCT.
- Consultant Dr Chris Williams
Passed Away: 05/23/05
Chemotherapy and Treatment Protocol
- Cisplatin, Doxorubicin, Paclitaxel, Ifosfamide with Mesna
- Cisplatin 100 mg IV on day one together with Doxorubicin 25 mg per metre squared IV on days one, two and three in the first regime. This was alternated with the TIP (Paclitaxel 175 mg per metre squared IV day one, Cisplatin 20 mg per metre squared day one to five, Ifosfamide 1 gram per metre squared IV days one to five together with Mesna 1 gram per metre squared IV days one to five). She received 3 cycles of each of these regimes to a total of 6 cycles in all.
- The intention was to give 2 cycles of this chemotherapy and if she was obtaining a major response to take stem cells with a view of high dose alkylating agent therapy with peripheral stem cell support at the end of her initial chemotherapy.
- scans during the course of her 6 cycles of chemotherapy showed that although she was responding she was only doing so modestly and was clearly not going to obtain a complete remission. We felt that it would be important for her to attain at least a complete remission if we were going to consider high dose chemotherapy.
- CT scan at the end of her chemotherapy revealed reduction in the size of the pelvic masses and some reduction in the liver metastases but there is still clearly extensive disease.
- Art Therapy - relaxing
- Reiki - relaxation
- Reflexology - immune booster & relaxing
- Shiatsu - relaxing
- Aromatherapy Massage - relaxing
- Support Group - Bristol Cancer Help Centre - Inspirational
- Cancer Help Centre in Bristol
- Consultant - Doctor Rosie Daniel
|2/03||0||Chemotheray 1||Cisplatin, Doxorubicin, Paclitaxel, Ifosfamide with Mesna||0|
|3/03||0||Chemotheray 2||Cisplatin, Doxorubicin, Paclitaxel, Ifosfamide with Mesna||0|
|4/03||0||Chemotheray 3||Cisplatin, Doxorubicin, Paclitaxel, Ifosfamide with Mesna||0|
|5/03||0||Chemotheray 4||Cisplatin, Doxorubicin, Paclitaxel, Ifosfamide with Mesna||0|
|6/03||0||Chemotheray 5||Cisplatin, Doxorubicin, Paclitaxel, Ifosfamide with Mesna||0|
|6/03||CT||Chemotheray 6||Cisplatin, Doxorubicin, Paclitaxel, Ifosfamide with Mesna||Some reduction in tumor size, still disease present. All Chemotherapy ended.|
- Approximate timeline