Excel is a technology that helps both the teacher and student become more organized and efficient.
This technology is applicable to life and physical sciences.
Ideas for Innovation applications
- Students can enter data into excel for their labs.
- Students can also make tables that correspond to their data.
- Excel can be used to teach students about topics, such as standard error.
Ideas for Efficiency applications
- Excel organizes grades for the teacher and it makes it easier to calculate averages.
- Gets rid of the use for heavy gradebooks.
- Excel helps the students become more organized with their data.
Ideas for Community applications
- Students can share their ideas with their classmates.
- Parents may be able to view their child's grades through excel if linked by the teacher.
- If linked to a classroom page, students can look at other students' data.
Disadvantages, pitfalls, or hazards
- Excel may be difficult to understand and may confuse the students.
- There is a chance the computer could contract a virus and lose all the year's grades and student data.
Links for more information
--Jillian0322 23:31, 31 January 2007 (UTC)Jillian