Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
EcoBeaker by BioQuest
EcoBeaker by BioQuest is an interactive biology simulation for teaching and research. It covers the topics of evolutionary biology, environmental science and ecology.
Ideas for Innovation applications
- Students can learn about real life issues and use the simulations to see negative and positive effects and think of solutions to the issues i.e. the
- i.e. Students can learn about the issues related to the use of pesticides and work through the effects using the Biological Pest Control Simulation.
Ideas for Efficiency applications
- Students can learn about a topic and go through a couple of simulations to reinforce what they learned in one class period.
- Students can run through more case studies in a given time period and still have time to compare with other students.
Ideas for Community applications
- Students can work in groups through the differnt simulations.
- Students can do presentations about what they learned from the simulations.
- Students can debate real life issues using what they learn from the simulations
- i.e. In the Go Fish simulation, students have to decide on a strategy for fishing that maximizes their profits while minimizing extinction risks. Students would have to debate which strategy is best.
Disadvantages, pitfalls, or hazards
- Schools may not have the technology in the classroom to implement such a program.
- Prices of Simbiotic Software Packages are expensive
- i.e. $995.00 classroom license for all the labs, $1195 for schoolwide network license
- Dissection simulation