What is file hosting??
- A place to host or save files, photos, power point presentation, etc. on the World Wide Web!
What is file hosting good for??
- File hosting makes available a place for these files
- to be accessed from anywhere in the world
- to be accessed by anybody - i.e. your students
Why should you care about file hosting??
- It's a good resource for transfering different types of files to other media you are working with!
- For example Moving a picture into your blog, like we practiced in DTSE class
How do you register for file hosting??
- NOTE For our class, there is file hosting directly from the [DTSE File Hosting Page]
Web Hosting UK - Place to register file hosting.
How do you register for DTSE File Hosting??
- First things first, click on the register link
- Fill-in the fields with the appropriate information. REMEMBER: To record your username,password,and email address on your pink sheet!!
- Check your email account (the one that you used for registration) - there should be an email there for you
to confirm registration
- Confirm registration
- -Now, I did not receive a confirmation email, and was able to log in - So, if you did not receive an email
try logging in anyways. If you cannot log in and did not receive a confirmation email, contact [Chris]
Step by Step Upload Instructions
- Ok, so the assignment is to upload a picture for a lesson on bird migration. Now, pictures take up a lot of room on your home computer's hard drive...===GUESS WHAT??!?=== You can upload it to the file hosting site...
- Step 1. Find a picture would like to use on your class lesson on bird migration.
This is one I found: [Bird Migration-Robin Pic]
- Step 2. Right Click on the picture and select SAVE AS - This will save the picture to either you My
Pictures folder or to a Clipboard.
- Step 3. Log-in to the File Hosting website.
- Step 4. Click on UPLOAD
- Step 5. Then click on BROWSE ,find the file you want to save on the File Hosting website
- Step 6. Then click on UPLOAD FILES **Make sure on your left hand side, the IMG Tags is selected
- Step 7. The website will now return you to your Main Folder.
- Step 8. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your picture is now being saved on the World Wide Web.
- Step 9. You can now delete the file from the folder you saved it in on your home computer!