PhET Simulations (Phys)
Description of technology
Physics Education Technology PhET
A site that makes different simulations, which are helpful for teaching and learning physics, easily accessible for free through the Phet website.
Applicable mostly to physics, physical/earth science.
Ideas for Innovation applications
- The simulations can be easily translated into different languages.
- Students can learn through exploration
Ideas for Efficiency applications
- Simulations of things that aren't normally visible to the eye can make difficult to grasp concepts easier to visualize.
Ideas for Community applications
- You can contribute activities you've developed to use with the PhET simulations to the PhET website. The activities then can be used by other instructors.
Disadvantages, pitfalls, or hazards
- The simulations might be too fun and colorful and students might not pay attention to the physical patterns they are supposed to observe.
Created 1/31/07 by Rozalia