Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
PhET Simulations (Phys)
Description of technology
Physics Education Technology PhET
A site that makes different simulations, which are helpful for teaching and learning physics, easily accessible for free through the Phet website.
Applicable mostly to physics, physical/earth science.
Ideas for Innovation applications
- The simulations can be easily translated into different languages.
- Students can learn through exploration
Ideas for Efficiency applications
- Simulations of things that aren't normally visible to the eye can make difficult to grasp concepts easier to visualize.
Ideas for Community applications
- You can contribute activities you've developed to use with the PhET simulations to the PhET website. The activities then can be used by other instructors.
Disadvantages, pitfalls, or hazards
- The simulations might be too fun and colorful and students might not pay attention to the physical patterns they are supposed to observe.
Created 1/31/07 by Rozalia