Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
YouTube and Google Video
Description of technology
A free database of digital videos in which anyone can post, view or comment on the material. This technology would be applicable to all areas of science including physics, physical/earth science and life science.
Ideas for Innovation applications
- Allows students to watch things that they would not normally see in a classroom setting ex. chemical reaction that would result in an explosion, birth of an animal
- Student or teacher videos can become nationally or internationally known and can receive feedback from almost anyone in the world GOING VIRAL
- Provides an opportunity for broadcasting that is seldom available anywhere else
Ideas for Efficiency applications
- For class projects (see below), videos are quickly and easily accessed by teacher and other students.
- Teacher can record in-class review sessions or lessons and post them so that students may easily access missed classes.
Ideas for Community applications
- Allows students to create their own videos for in-class projects and share them with the class.
- Has potential to connect the classroom to the ideas of other classrooms in other parts of the world.
Disadvantages, pitfalls, or hazards
- Some parents may have a problem with their child's image being broadcast on the internet.
- Cost of providing equipment for recording purposes - Not all students may have access to a digital video camera
- Although the sites claim to sensor their content, there may be inappropriate videos
- Movie making with Windows Movie Maker or iMovie
- Phones that take movies
Links for more information