Secretary, Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development. [ Read his official bio ]
- Executive Vice President, Development Office of Meredith & Grew/Oncor
- Principal in Development Services Group, Spaulding & Slye Colliers
- Oversaw Fan Pier (Boston), NorthPoint (Cambridge, Somerville, Boston), and the Puerto Rico Convention Center District Authority (San Juan, Puerto Rico).
- Executive Director of Massachusetts Industrial Finance Agency (now MassDevelopment).
- Director of Planning and Development, Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport).
- Managing Partner, Gadsby & Hannah (DC)
- Oncor International, a network of 55 firms, recently redeveloped 100 Cambridge St. in Boston with MassDevelopment, a state economic development agency once headed by O'Connell.
- Helped shepherd the $1.2 billion Fan Pier development plan through the city and state's approval processes.
- Booze Cruise: On Aug. 6, 1997, Massport again chartered the Bertrum to take Tocco, former development director Daniel O'Connell and Cox on a "waterfront inspection of marine terminals for (the) capital process," according to invoices from the agency. There is no documentation for the cost of that trip.