Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Delicate Sound Of Thunder|
|Released||November 22, 1988|
It was released in 1988 as a double LP, double cassette, and a double CD, each format containing a slightly different track listing. The album includes many works from A Momentary Lapse Of Reason as well as quite a few from older albums.
There also was an accompanying video cassette tape by the same name.
Delicate Sound of Thunder became the first rock album to be played in space, as Soviet cosmonauts took it aboard Soyuz TM-7. They left the cassette box on Earth to save weight. The members of Pink Floyd were present at the launch.
Delicate Sound of Thunder (the album) reached #11 on the Billboard 200 and is currently listed as Triple Platinum in U.S. sales — it was certified Gold and Platinum on January 23, 1989 and Triple Platinum in April, 1997.
- "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" - originally from Wish You Were Here
- "Learning to Fly" - originally from A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
- "Yet Another Movie" - originally from A Momentary Lapse of Reason
- "Round and Around" - originally from A Momentary Lapse of Reason
- "Sorrow" - originally from A Momentary Lapse of Reason
- "The Dogs of War" - originally from A Momentary Lapse of Reason
- "On the Turning Away" - originally from A Momentary Lapse of Reason
- "One of These Days" - originally from Meddle
- "Time" - originally from The Dark Side Of The Moon
- "Wish You Were Here" - originally from Wish You Were Here
- "Us and Them" - originally from The Dark Side Of The Moon
- "Money" - originally from The Dark Side Of The Moon
- "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)" - originally from The Wall
- "Comfortably Numb" - originally from The Wall
- "Run Like Hell" - originally from The Wall
The double LP format did not have "Us and Them" on the track listing. Both the double LP and the double cassette had "Wish You Were Here" between "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)" and "Comfortably Numb".
Although David Gilmour stated around the time of its release that the album contained no studio overdubbing whatsoever, he embellished the tracks during mixing with some extra acoustic guitar on "Comfortably Numb", according to engineer Buford Jones. In addition, some harmonies were replaced by studio re-takes: Rick Wright re-did his vocal on "Us and Them" and Sam Brown replaced Rachel Fury's part in "Comfortably Numb".
- Tim Renwick - Guitars, vocals
- Jon Carin - Keyboards, vocals
- Guy Pratt - Bass guitar, vocals
- Gary Wallis - Percussion
- Scott Page - Saxophones
- Margret Taylor - Backing vocals
- Rachel Fury - Backing vocals
- Durga McBroom - Backing vocals
- Buford Jones - engineer
- David Hewitt - assistant engineer
- Storm Thorgerson - Cover Design and graphics
- Dimo Safari - Band photography
- Doug Sax - mastering