Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Welcome to the Duke lacrosse case mini wiki at Scratchpad!
You can use the box below to create new pages for this mini-wiki. Make sure you type
[[Category:Duke lacrosse case]] on the page before you save it to make it part of the Duke lacrosse case wiki (preload can be enabled to automate this task, by clicking this link and saving that page. Afterwards, you may need to purge this page, if you still see this message).
The "Duke lacrosse case" was a high-profile criminal justice case in which three white student athletes at Duke University were accused of raping an African-American exotic dancer at a party. Though the District Attorney prosecuting the case made numerous news appearances, in which he spoke strongly about the evidence pointing towards the guilt of the accused, an investigation by the Attorney General of North Carolina after the original prosecutor recused himself found "no credible evidence that an attack occurred in that house that night." and "no credible evidence to support the allegation that the crimes occurred." The prosecutor was later disbarred and removed from office over his misconduct in the case, including withholding DNA evidence that was favorable to the defense and lying to both Court and Bar investigators.
A list of Dramatis Personae has its own page. A short list of the key figures is as follows:
- Crystal Gail Mangum -- the African-American exotic dancer who accused the lacrosse players.
- Colin Finnerty -- one of the first two indicted lacrosse players
- Reade Seligmann -- one of the first two indicted lacrosse players
- Dave Evans -- the third accused lacrosse player, indicted after the other two
- Mike Nifong -- the District Attorney who took over the investigation and prosecuted the case against the lacrosse players
See a list of suggested topics.