In the series Cataclysm, Earth was drastically changed by the Great Cataclysm in 2012, five days of tidal waves, earthquakes, fires and volcanic eruptions caused by a meteor which hit the earth. The year they are currently in is 802,994 AD.
North America was one of the continents least affected by the cataclysm. Most of its cities were cast into ruin and it broke away from South America.
The United States cities were placed into Ruin. The US is now divided into several Kingdoms or territories, most ruled by wizards. In the united states in also many New Earth creatures, due to regeneration, genetic engineering and mutations by the the Asteroids radiation.
- Alaska: Alaska is now divided into two parts, the mainland part and the island part.
- Mainland Alaska: Mainland Alaska is home to humans who have built villages along the shoreline in order to provide the entire continent with fish.
- Alaska Island: Alaska Island is home to a population of Abominable Snowmen-like creatures from another Dimension.
- Texas: Texas is home to several tribes of humans who are like ancient westerns in the way they talk and dress. The tribes live in places like the Alamo and the ruins of Austin and Houston. The outside deserts are home to sentient reptilian humans and large snakes who were made larger by the radiation of the Meteor. That is why members of the three tribes will never journey into the deserts with out a large escort. In addition to these other dangers include packs of striped hyenas and intelligent velociraptors.
- California: California was drastically changed by a large Earthquake. Much of Los Angeles sunk underwater, creating a massive coral reef, where a tribe of Amazons live. The Chinatown in San Francisco is a kingdom led by a lord of light, the kingdom is also home to the remnants of the Amphibib species, who were transported to Earth through inter-dimensional portals that opened up after the meteor struck Earth. San Fernando Valley is now a large rocky canyon home to two different races, the savage and brutal man-apes and the peaceful little people, or humans that have been made smaller by the meteors radiation. San Jose is now a large canyon where the humans live in villages and use gliders to get around, while tiger-mutants live in the canyon itself.
- Montana: Montana is now a large mountainous area where a cybernetic species live and guard their home.
- New Mexico: New Mexico is now a large desert in which humans live underground in what was once shopping malls.
- Arizona: Arizona is also now all desert, two different kinds of humans, one kind live in the villages and use machines to power their water facilities, taking some water from underground springs. The second kind have tamed escaped lions and ride on wild horses, they raid merchant land-ships and trader caravans.
- Nevada: Nevada was once home to Las Vegas, one of the greatest pleasure cities in the world. Now, Las Vegas is a large kingdom, in which humans try to battle the large reptiles and ride on large birds.
- Colorado: Colorado is now a large frozen wasteland in which the humans live in ancient amusement parks.
- Oregon: Oregon is home to humans and humans crossbred with creatures such as Gazelle, Zebras, and Elephants.
- Wyoming: Wyoming is one of the main locations of Bison. The humans have tamed the bison and live in fear from packs of feral dogs and escaped tigers. The tribes in Wyoming are known as dirt farmers with a stubborn streak a mile long.
- Michigan: Michigan was made large due to a series of volcanoes that reduced Lake Michigan to a river, this river is home to several villages, including a colony of Moks.
- Minnesota: Minnesota is home to a large lake that were once the land of 10,000 lakes. The large lake is home to an Amazon city.
- Utah: The Great Salt Lake has dried up and the desert covers most of Utah.
- South Dakota
- Washington The city of Seattle is home to large villages.
- North Dakota
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- Washington, D.C
- Puerto Rico
- Northern Mariana Islands
- US Virgin Islands
- American Samoa
South America had broken away from Central America.
Because of the Cataclysm, Antarctica was made tropical due its move to the Equator. The continent is home to a variety of Bird and Insect species as well as a sentient race of Insects genetically engineered by Old Earth humans.
When the disaster struck, several dogs escaped from their homes and some have formed large packs in cities, where they have become more savage and start attacking humans. Some old city dogs live in large plains and will attack anything, even herds of elephants. Some smaller dog breeds were domesticated by the remaining humans and have been trained to hunt. Some large dogs have interbred with wolves in the wild, as a result, some wolves have a little dog ancestry.
Some domesticated cats have colonized old business offices along with plants, birds, lemurs, escaped zoo reptiles, cockroaches and mice. Some of the cats have formed strong bonds with these animals. Some cats have lived their lives in former human skyscrapers or have evolved the capability to glide short distances like flying squirrels. The radiation from the disaster has caused some of the cats to become intelligent
Many zoo animals have escaped from their cages and have formed presences outside their natural environment. Many endangered species returned to their original populations. Smaller zoo animals have colonized former human skyscrapers while others have colonized parks and cities.
Creatures such as coyotes, skunks, raccoons, squirrels, bobcats and foxes have colonized old earth buildings and supermarkets. Larger creatures such as bears, mountain lions and wolves also live in cities and were domesticated by New Earth humans.