Edward & Sir Handel Help Diesel is a Potential Plotline episode.
Edward and Sir Handel warn Devious Diesel at the Wharf, but Diesel doesn't listen and starts to cause trouble by making Rheneas crash into a canel and stealing Annie and Clarebel from Thomas. But trouble lies ahead and Diesel crashes into the rocks. Edward pulls Diesel back to the tracks and Sir Handel clears the line with Greg. The Fat Controller punishes Diesel for stealing coaches and not pulling trains for the next two months, and Duck pulls Diesel into the workshop for a new coat of shiniest paint and goes back to the Smelters.
- Annie & Clarebel
- Skarloey (cameo)
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Rusty (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Freddie (cameo)
- Duke (cameo)
- Mighty Mac (cameo)
- Harmood (cameo, not seen until A Bad Day For Harmood)
- Greg (does not speak)
- First time a Standared Gauge engine and a Narrow Gauge engine rescue a Standared Gauge diesel engine.
- First appearence of Greg the Crane.
- When Rheneas crashes into the canel, his whistle sounds like Harmood's.
- Narrator: Just then, Edward and Sir Handel heard a oily purring noise. It was Devious Diesel. He had left the smelters and was given a new coat of black paint
- Diesel: Good morning. I'm such a splendid and devious diesel engine on Sodor.
- Narrator: Edward and Sir Handel warned Diesel that he is a troublemaker.
- Sir Handel: Be careful, Diesel.
- Edward: You will cause trouble again because The Fat Controller sends you back to the smelters.
- Narrator: Diesel smirked away. He started to make trouble.
- Diesel: HAHAHAHA!
- Narrator: Rheneas was taking some trucks to the station when Diesel showed up and switched Rheneas' line into the wrong turn at the juntion! Rheneas saw the end of the line!
- Rheneas: Oh, no!
- Narrator: Rheneas applided the breaks, but it was too late! Rheneas crashed into a canel!
- Rheneas: Fizzling fireboxes!
- Narrator: Diesel laughed.
End of the episode
- Narrator: The Fat Controller was pleased with Edward and Sir Handel.
- TFC: Edward and Sir Handel, you had helped Diesel get back on the tracks. You are both really useful engines.
- Edward and Sir Handel: Oh, thank you sir.
- Narrator: After Edward and Sir Handel went home, Rocky helped Diesel on his flatbed. Duck told the Fat Controller about Diesel.
- TFC: Duck, tell me what happened.
- Narrator: Duck started.
- Duck: Diesel was very conceited and devious. So, first, he makes Rheneas crash into the canel, so Edward helped him back on the rails.
- Diesel: No, it's completely untrue!
- Duck: Oh, yeah, whatever Diesel. And then, he stole Annie and Clarebel from Thomas.
- Diesel: No, I've never steal any coaches!
- Duck: Sillence, Diesel. And then, Diesel ended up crashing into the rocks.
- TFC: Oh, Diesel! You've done it this time! I should scrap you! But I'm not going to.
- Diesel: Oh, thank you, sir. Thank you sir. I'll never do that again.
- TFC: Quiet, Diesel! Now, let me see, that would be a punishment for all this. Stealing coaches and not pulling trains.
- Diesel: How about looking at the hook?
- TFC: No, nothing to do that. No, I think it will be a punishment for stealing coaches and not pulling trains, for the next two months.
- Narrator: Diesel was horrifed.
- Diesel: Two months??!!! No, sir!!! No, you can't be serious!!
- TFC: Yes, I am serious, Diesel. That's what you stole coaches because you're not pulling trains.
- Diesel: But why?!!
- TFC: Because I said so.
- Narrator: Duck chuckled to Diesel, who started to sob.
- Duck: Well, well, well, the Fat Controller said so to you, Diesel.
- Diesel: (sobbing) I'm sorry, Duck!!! I'm sorry!!!
- Duck: You will need to return to pull trains again. Prehaps, you like pulling trains after two months.
- Narrator: Diesel felt silly. He will like pulling trains again, after the two months.