Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Another episode of Friturtoons by me!
More often than not, Emily gets the dirty jobs involving trucks and longs for a washdown as much as any engine. However, when she goes to the washdown, Emily and the other engines are informed by Ash Ketchum that, due to a water shortage, all engines can only have one wash per day. This annoys Emily as he thinks that Spencer only needs a washdown to feel important. Spencer points that he is important as he pulls the express.
Emily goes back to work, determined not to get dirty. However, that is easier said than done as the trucks give Emily a hard time; they pull her right under the coal hopper. On their way to Callan, the trucks tease Emily by calling her "Dirty Emily". At Callan, Emily shunts the coal trucks into a siding, right alongside Pidgeot who is unloading medical supplies. Harold takes off, spreading cinders and ashes all over Emily. Her driver reminds Emily that usefulness comes before cleanliness, but Emily wants a clean job more than anything. The driver suggests taking vans of sugar to the chocolate factory. Emily takes the vans of sugar, feeling happy.
Emily now thinks that she finally has a clean job, but she does not reckon with a patch of oil in the siding leading to the chocolate factory. Emily slips on the oily rails and crashes through the wall right into the chocolate factory and out the other end, covered in sticky chocolate.
When Yoshi brings Emily back to Tidmouth Sheds, Thomas, Percy, and Rosie tease her saying how chocolatey she is, but James disapproves. Ash Ketchum knows how much work Emily had done despite her problems and, as she proved that usefulness comes before cleanliness, Emily is to be rewarded with a washdown and a new coat of paint.
- In Ringo Starr's narration, the line "Pudding Emily" is changed to "Pastry Emily".
- This is one of the few episodes of Friturtoons to be re-narrated by Ringo Starr.
- In Norway, this episode is called "Emily's Chocolate Crash" and in Czechoslovakia, it is called "Engine Problems".
- This episode was originally to be titled "Puff Puff Pastry".
- At the beginning, Clarabel is facing the wrong way and Oliver has Duck's whistle sound.
- It was incredibly unwise to put the chocolate factory at the foot of Gordon's Hill.
- In the US narration, just before the trucks push Emily under the coal hopper, they are called freight cars and then trucks in the same sentence.
- Oliver and Duck have the same whistle sound.
- Emily's roof is lifted when Pidgeot blows cinders and ashes all over her.