- The Titans are depicted as giant versions of Elvis Presley (as he appeared in the relatively late "fat and gaudy" period of his career). Page 1
- Lord Stanley the Plaid's Chief Croakamancer is named "Wanda Firebaugh", which can be roughly pronounced as "Wand of Fireball", a common item in Dungeons and Dragons. Page 2
- The Magic Kingdom is a theme park at the Walt Disney World Resort. Page 5
- The word 'gwiffon' is obviously a reference to the mythological griffin, and in the art they resemble peeps. Page 7
- Orlies are a type of owl that parodies the ORLY? Owl meme and its spin-offs. Page 9
- Hat Magic (a school of Clevermancy) is outright a parody of the magician's standby magic hat tricks, such as disappearing or appearing things using a top hat. Page 10
- Hippymancy, as well as its school of Flower Power, are references to hippyism and the Flower Power movement in the 1970s United States. Page 11
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.