(That night, King Triton and Queen Athena are walking out the front door. Queen Athena is wearing a purple fur coat, and King Fergus, now wearing his gold cuffs, is wearing a gold crown and carrying a trident.)
- Queen Athena/Mary: But, Triton, do think the children will be safe without Toby?
- King Triton/George: (after locking the front door) Safe? Of course, they'll be safe. Why not?
- Queen Athena/Mary: Well, Ariel said something about a shadow.
- King Triton/George: Shadow? Whose shadow?
- Queen Athena/Mary: Prince Eric's.
- King Triton/George: Oh, Prince Er—PRINCE ERIC?! You don't say! Well, goodness gracious! Whatever shall we do?
- Queen Athena/Mary: But Triton...
- King Triton/George: Sound the alarm! Call Scotland yard!
- Queen Atehna/Mary:There must've been someone.
- King Triton/George: Oh, Athena, of all the childish fiddle-faddle! Prince Eric, indeed! How can we expect the children to grow up and be practical?
- Queen Athena/Mary: Triton, darling...
- King Triton/George: When you're as bad as they are? No wonder Ariel gets these idiotic ideas!
(Meanwhile A silhouette on a roof is hopping from one to another followed by a blue light. The silhouette sees Toby sleeping outside.)
(The blue light shines in the silhouette's face, revealing a handsome eighteen-year-old prince's smiling face. He is slender, but strong, and has black hair and blue eyes. He wears a white shirt with rolled-up sleeves, a red belt, a dark blue pants, black boots, and a crown with precious jewels. His name is Prince Eric, and he is the hero.)
(With him is a 14-year-old German woman with pale skin, round cheeks, short black hair, red lips, brown eyes, a red hair ribbon, a blue dress with a yellow skirt, a white petticoat with a white collar, a red cape, and tan pumps with yellow bows on her toes, plus a pair of clear, sparkling wings on her back. Her name is Snow White, and she is Eric's fairy partner.)
- Prince Eric/Peter Pan: Over there, Snow White! In its den! Is it there?
(Snow White looks inside, but she shakes her head.)
- Eric/Peter Pan: It must be here somewhere.
(Snow White opens a music box.)
- Eric/Peter Pan: Snow White! Shhh! (Snow White closes the music box) Stop playing! And help me find my shadow! Shadow! Oh, shadow!
(Snow White hears the shadow in the drawer)
- Eric/Peter Pan: Huh?
(Snow White points to the keyhole, telling him that his shadow is in the drawer, and the shadow flies out of the drawer, and Eric chases it, shutting Snow White in the drawer. As Eric continues to chase his shadow, they circle around the chandelier. Eric hides behind a chair while the shadow sneaks away.)
- Eric/Peter Pan: Aha!
(The shadow tries to run, but Eric grabs it in the nick of time; unfortunately, they crash ino a dresser, waking up Ariel.)
- Ariel/Wendy: Prince Eric! Oh, Eric! I knew you'd come back! I saved your shadow for you. Oh, I do hope it isn't rumpled. You know, you look exactly the way I thought you would. Oh, a little taller, perhaps, but then-- (she sees Eric trying to stick his shadow with soap.) Oh ho ho! You can't stick it on with soap, Derek. It needs sewing; that's the proper way to do it. (Meanwhile, Snow White got out of the drawer's keyhole, but her cape got stuck.) Although, come to think of it, I never thought about it before, um, sewing shadows, I mean. Of course, I knew it was your shadow the minute. So I said to myself, I said I'll put it away for him until he comes back. (Ariel walks toward the drawer with Snow White having trouble getting her cape out of the keyhole, takes out the sewing kit, and shuts the drawer, sending Snow White and her cape flying backwards into the drawer.) Oh, he's sure to come back. And you did, didn't you, Eric? (Snow White isn't amused as she glows red with anger and jealousy.) After all, what can't leave his shadow lying about and not miss it sooner or later, don't you agree? But what I still don't understand is how Toby got it in the first place, he really isn't-- (she notices Eric still floating above the floor.) Oh, sit down. It won't take long. (Eric does so.) He really isn't vicious, you know, he's a wonderful butler and all! Although father says--
- Eric/Peter Pan: Girls talk too much!
- Ariel/Wendy: Yes, girls talk too mu-- (realizes that she is talking too much) Oh?
- Eric/Peter Pan: Well, get on with it, girl.
- Ariel/Wendy: Oh. My name is Ariel. Princess Ariel Andrea Alicia Darling.
- Eric/Peter Pan: Ariel's enough.
- Ariel/Wendy: Oh. But how did Toby get your shadow, Eric?
- Eric/Peter Pan: Jumped at me the other night at the window.
- Ariel/Wendy: But what were you doing there?
- Eric/Peter Pan: I came to listen to your stories.
- Ariel/Wendy: My stories? But they're all about you.
- Eric/Peter Pan: Of course. That's why I like them. I tell them to The Lost Children.
- Ariel/Wendy: The Lost Children? Oh, I remember now! They're your students.
- Eric/Peter Pan: Uh-huh!
- Ariel/Wendy: I'm so glad you came back tonight! I thought I' might have never seen you again.
- Eric/Peter Pan: Why?
- Ariel/Wendy: Because I have to grow up tomorrow.
- Eric/Peter Pan: Grow up?!
- Ariel/Wendy: Tonight's my last night in the nursery.
- Eric/Peter Pan: But that means no more stories.
- Ariel/Wendy: (sniffles tearfully) Mm-hm.
- Eric/Peter Pan: No! I won't have it! (grabs Odette by the hand) Come on!
- Ariel/Wendy: B-b-but where are we going?
- Eric/Peter Pan: To Neverland.
- Ariel/Wendy: (dreamily) Neverland?
- Eric/Peter Pan: You'll never grow up there.
- Ariel/Wendy: Oh, Eric! It would be simply lovely! (They stop at an open window.) But wait! What would mother say?
- Eric/Peter Pan: Mother? What's mother?
- Ariel/Wendy: Why, Derek, a mother is someone who loves you and cares for you and tells you stories--
- Eric/Peter Pan: Good! You can be our mother. Come on, Ariel.
- Ariel/Wendy: Now wait a minute. Let me see now; I would have to pack and leave a note whether I'll be back and—Oh, Eric! Neverland! I'm so happy I-I think I'll give you a kiss!
(After hearing that, Snow White grows jealous and gasps in shock.)
- Eric/Peter Pan: What's a-a kiss?
- Ariel/Wendy: Oh, well, I'll show you.
(She leans forward to kiss him, and Eric backs away, creeped out. But Snow White pulls Ariel's hair.)
- Ariel/Wendy: Oh!
- Eric/Peter Pan: Stop! Stop it, Snow White!
(He chases Snow White around the nursery, attempting to catch her in his crown, but he jumps on Paul's bed, waking him up.)