Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Welcome to the Exoplanetary Wiki mini wiki at Scratchpad!
You can use the box below to create new pages for this mini-wiki.
This mini-wiki is intended to collect all interesting facts about exoplanetary systems. Planetary System articles are not written in encyclopedic format, but rather in bullet form. Wikipedia or Skygazers should be used for encyclopedic articles. This can be considered a "scratch-pad" for exoplanetary systems information, just jot down notes as seen fit. Links to other sites, message board threads, and news articles are encouraged.
This wiki started out as a set of "System of the Day" posts at the bullitin board of the Extrasolar Visions web site. Concepts and terminology found in that web site are supported in this wiki. For Solar System bodies, please see the Solar System Scratchpad. Please see Exoplanetary Wiki Guidelines for standards on creating pages for this mini-wiki.
Sytem Indices and Lists
The following are various indices to star systems that have pages in this wiki.
- Stellar Systems Category - Alphabetical list of systems
- Substellar Systems in the News - List of stellar systems that have been in the news.
- Most Significant Systems - List of most significant or famous systems
- Systems by Distance - List of the closest systems
- Star Systems With Planets - List of all star systems that have confirmed planets.
- Planetary Systems By Name Type - List of star systems with confirmed planets by type of name.
- Systems by Observation Types: Transiting Exoplanets, Transit Timing Variation Exoplanets, Microlensing Exoplanets, Imaged Exoplanets, Pulsar Planets, Dopplar Spectrometry Exoplanets, Dust Disk Analysis Planets, Exoplanets with Molecules Detected
- Systems With Dust Disks
- Systems by Characteristic Types: Hot Jupiters, Earth-Like Planets, Multi-Planet Systems, Super Earths, Neptunians, Jupiter Analogs, Very Hot Jupiters, Sub-Brown Dwarves, Terrestrial Planets, Gas Giants, Carbon Planets
- Record Holding Systems: Smallest Exoplanet Records, Largest Exoplanet Records, Nearest Exoplanet Records, Furthest Exoplanet Records, Nearest In Exoplanet Records, Furthest Out Exoplanet Records, Number of Exoplanets Records
- Systems by Type of Star - A Giant Stars, Red Dwarf Systems, Free Floating Planets
- Systems by Progress - list of systems according to how complete the page is.
- Systems by Study - list of systems that were chosen for studies involving multiple systems
- Extrasolar Visions Classes: EV Ammonia Cloud Giants, EV Clarified Giants, EV Cloudy Hot Giants, EV Dark Hot Giants, EV Sulfurous Cloud Giants, EV Water Cloud Giants
- Updated Extrasolar Visions Classes: Ammonia Cloud Giants, Clarified Giants, Cloudy Hot Giants, Dark Hot Giants, Methane Cloud Giants, Sulfurous Cloud Giants, Water Cloud Giants
- System Galleries - All artwork available for all systems.
- Wikipedia Systems - List of systems listed at Wikipedia.
For a list of web resources, see Exoplanetary Links.