An Extender is a way of reprogramming a remote to provided a higher degree of customization.
- You can install a macro or keymove on to any key, including the device keys (TV, VCR, etc).
- You have more memory for macros and keymoves.
- Macros can call other macros.
- Macros run much faster.
- Special protocols for:
- Logical devices
- No support for device scans.
- No support for commercial skip.
- Cannot directly type EFC codes.
- No support for long press of the setup button for internal remote commands.