Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fellowship for Intentional Community presents
Promoting and supporting communities that recognize and practice sustainability
About this Page
- All Pages - comprehensive index of Subcategories and Pages
- Name: FIC presents Art of Community NW; Co-Opportunities for Sustainability
- Dates: Friday, Sep 8 through Sunday, Sep 10
- Location: Bastyr University
- Event Program Content - Call for Contributions
- Who Will Attend: People from NW (primarily) who are interested in (a) Intentional Community, (b) Creating Community Where You Are, and (c) Sustainability
- Attendance Goal: 260 (including staff).
- Participant Costs:
- Admission = $45-75, depending on when purchased and sliding scale
- Food = TBD
- Presenting Organization: Fellowship for Intentional Community
- Major Sponsors: 3
- Sustaining Sponsors: 1
- Supporting Sponsors: 1
- Cooperating Sponsors: 1
- Acknowledgements: 0
- Event Leadership
- Create strong sense of community for duration of the event
- How important is this goal?
- if a large public event, a more reasonable goal might be to grow valuable connections for people doing community and sustainability work
- Increase NW public awareness of:
- NW Intentional Communities
- How to grow community where you are
- Sustainability Issues in the NW
- Increase size and numbers of documented NW communities
- FIC Community Listing Drive
- NW Community Resource Directory
- Increase effectiveness of:
- NW communitarians who are building community in many different forms
- FIC at marshalling resources from NW communities
- FIC at engaging with Community Where You Are organizations
- Generate income for FIC
- Generate income for Event Organizers
Unless otherwise specifically arranged, which is expected as the event planning comes together, the event budget will not provide payment for labor or any out-of-pocket costs. All expenses will be born by individual contributors or other supporting organizations.
As the event business plan comes together, it is expected that expenses will be shifted to the event's budget. Until then, any expenses you bear should be considered a contribution to the event’s success.