Fievel's American Tails is an American/Canadian animated television series, produced by Steven Spielberg's Amblimation animation studio, Nelvana, and Universal Cartoon Studios. It aired for one season in 1992, and continued Fievel's adventures from the film An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991).
In 1993 and 1994, MCA/Universal Home Video released eight episodes on four VHS video-cassettes and two Laserdisc volumes. These have been the only home video release of the cartoon, at least in the United States. In the United Kingdom, the 12-episode series was released on six video-cassettes in 1995. Episodes have been released on DVD in France, Germany, and Italy. Universal currently has no plans to release the show on DVD in the United States, as of November 19, 2009.
In Russia, the cartoon, dubbed in Russian but retaining the original English titles and names, was broadcast on First Channel Russian Television in summer 1996 with Woody Woodpecker. Repeat airings were broadcast in Spring 2002 and Winter 2005.
Don Bluth, the director of the original American Tail film, had no involvement with the series. Phillip Glasser and Dom DeLuise were the only two actors from the original film to reprise their roles, as Fievel and Tiger respectively. Cathy Cavadini, however, did reprise the role as Tanya, whom she voiced in the second film, taking over the role from Amy Green.
13 half-hour episodes were produced: season 1
- Fievel, the Lonesome Ranger
- Law and Disorder
- Little Mouse on the Prairie
- The Gift
- A Case of the Hiccups
- The Legend of Mouse Hollow
- Babysitting Blues
- The Lost Mother Lode
- A Mouse Known as Zorrowitz
- Mail Order Mayhem
- Aunt Sophie's Visit
- That's What Friends Are For
- Bell the Cats
- Episodes marked with an * were released on home video in the United States (VHS & Laserdisc)
- Episodes marked with a ^ were released on home video in the United Kingdom (VHS & Laserdisc)
- Gerrit Graham previously worked with David Kirschner on Child's Play 2 and Steven Spielberg on Used Cars.
- Fievel Mousekewitz: A little mouse.
- Tanya Mousekewitz: Fievel's older sister.
- Yasha Mousekewitz: Fievel's baby sister.
- Papa Mousekewitz: Fievel's father
- Mama Mousekewitz: Fievel's mother
- Cat R. Waul: Fievel's arch-nemesis. A caricature of J.P. Morgan.
- Sweet William: One of Cat R. Waul's cronies.
- Chula the Tarantula: Fievel's other arch-nemesis, and Cat R. Waul's sidekick. A caricature of Butch Cassidy.
- Jack: One of Fievel's school mates. Most likely from Australia.
- Jorge: Another one of Fievel's school mates.
- Tiger: The only cat friend of the Jewish-Russian mouse family
- Mr. J. M. Schimmel: The rat who owns the mouse sized general store in Green River.
- Clint Mousewood: One of Fievel's heroes. – from "Mail Order Mayhem" A caricature of Clint Eastwood.
- Hambone: The dog guard on the train. – from "The Gift"
- Sidney: One of Fievel's more spoiled classmate. First appears in Law and Disorder.
- Aunt Sophie: A relative of the Mousekewitz family. – from "Aunt Sophie's Visit"
- Dr. Travis T. Hiprocates: A traveling doctor that gave away hiccup sweets. – from "A Case of the Hiccups". A caricature of Sigmond Freud.
- Miss Kitty: Tiger's girlfriend. – from "Law and Disorder". A caricature of Dorothy Gibson.
- Mr. Ironside: The school teacher, probably a mole.
- Dog: The dog who guards the jail house.
- Lorna Holcombe: A girl in Fievel's class.
- Patty Paris: The baker. A caricature of Ona Munson's Belle Watling from Gone with the Wind.
- Phillip Glasser as Fievel-- also referred to as Tatiana's father.
- Dom DeLuise as Tiger
- Susan Silo as Mama
- Lloyd Battista as Papa
- Cathy Cavadini as Tanya and Yasha
- Dan Castellaneta as Chula and Mr. Schimmel
- Gerrit Graham as Cat R. Waul
- Kenneth Mars as Sweet William
- Hal Rayle as Clint Mousewood
- Arthur Burghardt as Hambone
- Cynthia Ferrer as Miss Kitty
- Patricia Parris as Aunt Sophie
- Mayuko Aoki as Tanya (Japanese version)
- Machiko Soga as Yasha (Japanese version)
|Executive Producer|| Steven Spielberg|
|Production Executives|| Frank Marshall|
|Executive Production Consultant||David Kirschner|
|Created by||David Kirschner|
|Executive Story Editors|| Hank Saroyan|
|Story Editors|| Sam Graham|
|Produced by|| Michael Hirsh|
Clive A. Smith
Morris F. Sullivan
|Supervising Producer||Stephen Hodgins|
|Line Producer||Peter Hudecki|
|Directed by||Lawrence Zelig Jacobs|
|Assistant Director||Paul Riley|
|Voice Director||Kelly Ward|
|Production Supervisor||Steve Chadwick|
|Production Manager||Ruta Cube|
|Unit Director||Claude Chiasson|
|Production Coordinators|| Jocelyn Hamilton|
|Designers|| Frank Nissen|
Charles E. Bastien
Steven K. Manning
|Posers|| Lynn Reist|
|Design Coordinator||Patty Beausoleil|
|Layout Supervisor||Tony Tarantini|
|Layouts|| Dale DesRochers|
|Storyboard|| Bob Smith|
|Storyboard Cleanup Supervisor||Dave Quensnelle|
|Color Designer||Rebecca Barclay|
|Paint Supervisor||Mary Bertoia|
|Theme Song Written and Performed by|| Hank Saroyan|
|Music by||Milan Kymlicka|
|Supervising Editor||Rob Kirkpatrick|
|Post Production Manager||Lan Lamon|
|Supervising Sound Editor||Steve Cole|
|Picture Editors|| Richard Bond|
|Supervising Pre-Production Editor||Darrell MacDonald|
|Supervising Breakdown Editor||Rick Dubiel|
|Recording and Transfer Technians|| Mike Reid|
|Additional Production Facilities|| Wang Film Production Co. Ltd.|
[Bardel Animation Ltd.
The Hollywood Cartoon Company
|Negative Cutting Services||Catherine Rankin Productions|
|Laboratory Services|| Command Post and Transfer Corporation|
Access Post Production Audio Inc.
The Filmhouse Group
- Fievel's American Tails/Thomas
- Fievel's American Tails/TUGS
- Fievel's American Tails/Theodore Tugboat
- Fievel's American Tails/Sonic
- Fievel's American Tails/Garfield
- Fievel's American Tails/The Simpsons
- Fievel's American Tails/Family Guy
- Fievel's American Tails/South Park
- Fievel's American Tails/Sooty
- Fievel's American Tails/Rosie and Jim
- Fievel's American Tails/Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Fievel's American Tails/Only Fools and Horses
- Fievel's American Tails/Young Ones
- Fievel's American Tails/Noddy's Toyland Adventures
- Fievel's American Tails/Horrid Henry
- Fievel's American Tails/Are You Being Served?
- Fievel's American Tails/The Magic Roundabout\Doogal
- Fievel's American Tails/Scooby Doo
- Fievel's American Tails/The Flintstones