|Number||4472, previously 1472,|
|Class||LNER A3 Class Pacific 4-6-2 originaly LNER A1 Pacific|
|Livery||LNER Apple Green with Black Lining|
|Built||1923 rebuilt in 1947|
LNER Doncaster Works
|Designer||Sir Nigel Gresley|
|Date of Birth||February 1923|
|First Appearance||Tender Engines|
|Voice Actors||Rufus Jones (UK/US)|
Flying Scotsman is a LNER Class A3 4-6-2, is the last of Gordon's brothers. He holds the records for being the first engine to officially run at 100 mp/h and the longest non-stop run for a steam engine - 631 kilometres non-stop, between London and Edinburgh, in eight hours.
The Flying Scotsman's tenders make a brief appearance in the television series in the Season 3 episode, Tender Engines. It is revealed in that episode that the reason The Flying Scotsman has two tenders is because he lives on a railway with long distances between coaling depots.
Flying Scotsman later made a full appearance in the special, The Great Race.
Allies & enemies
Allies: Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon (Older brother), James, Percy, Toby, Duck, Donald, Douglas, Oliver, Bill, Ben, Stepney, Emily, Rosie, Murdoch, Arthur, Spencer (cousin), Mavis, Skarloey, Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Rusty, Duncan, Duke, Freddie, Mighty Mac, Luke, Daisy, BoCo, Stephen, Millie, Lady, Connor, Caitlin, Whiff, Trevor, Molly, Diesel 10, Arry and Bert, Diesel, Salty, Porter, Harvey, Neville, Dennis, Bertie, Terence, Harold, Bulgy, Caroline, Bertram, Old Slow Coach, Annie & Clarabel, Henrietta, Hiro, Victor, Kevin, Charlie, Billy, Scruff, Stanley, Flora, Hank, Belle, Flynn, Den, Dart, Paxton, Norman, Sidney, Luke, Winston, Gator, Timothy, Marion, Reg, Samson, Rex, Bert, Mike, Frank, Jock, Ryan (cousin), Bear and Wilbert
Enemies: Diesel (formerly), 'Arry and Bert (formerly), Diesel 10 (formerly), Splatter, Dodge, D199 and George.
- Thomas Wooden Railway Models
- Ertl Model
- Hornby Model
- Trackmaster (Coming 2016)
- Enterprising Engines
- James and the Diesel Engines (mentioned)
- Thomas and the Great Railway Show (mentioned)
- Thomas and the Fat Controller's Engines (mentioned)
Flying Scotsman was also featured in a Meet the Contenders segment.
- The Flying Scotsman's theme is Normal Ending from the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive version of Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2.
WARNING: You may add appropriate counterparts. But, do NOT delete any.
- The Grain Ship, or S.S Markley (Theodore Tugboat)
- Paul Prickley (Recess, both are brothers to Gordon and Peter)
WARNING: You may add parodies. But, do NOT delete any.
- Flying Scotsman/Thomas
- Flying Scotsman/TUGS
- Flying Scotsman/The Little Engine That Could
- Flying Scotsman/Snow White
- Flying Scotsman/Skipper & Skeeto
- Flying Scotsman/Family Guy (Scruff/Tom Tipper Version)
- Flying Scotsman/Byron