Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- FreeBSD partition id = 165
- Must be installed on a primary partition
- To view console output buffer, press Scroll Lock then use ↑, ↓, PgUp, PgDn keys. Re-press Scroll Lock to revert back.
Device naming scheme
- ad0 : IDE Primary Master
- ad1 : IDE Primary Slave
- ad2 : IDE Secondary Master
- ad3 : IDE Secondary Slave
Retarded naming scheme
- A slice is an fdisk partition.
- ad0s1 : first partition on IDE Primary Master
- slice is NOT the thing that is mounted.
- A partition is part of an fdisk partition with no corresponding entity in fdisk terms. Partitions are named from a to h and managed with Disklabel Editor.
- ad0s1a : partition a on ad0s1
- partition carries filesystem, hence formatted and mounted.
- Newfs is format or mkfs
- T = Toggle Newfs → format the partition or not
- SoftUpdates is journalling (or the closest thing to it).