Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
NAV | HOME | SYSTEM LIST | GAME LIST | Nintendo | WII | CUBE | Sony | PS3 | PS2 | Microsoft | 360 | XBOX | Handheld | PSP | DS | Other | PC
Below is a list of video game genres. Enter the genre that best fits each game in the genre section of the info box. If a game fits into multiple genres list all that best apply. If you have a suggestion for a new genre name please talk about it in the discussion section for this page.
- Action - A focus on fast-paced gameplay and movement.
- Adventure - The main character is on an adventure. Usually story driven with a certain amount of freedom to explore.
- Arcade - Referring to coin operated arcade games. Smaller scale games designed for short game sessions.
- Board/Card - Video games that play like board and card games.
- Compilation - Collection of different game titles.
- Fighting - Hand-to-hand fighting in a contained arena.
- Party - Multiplayer games that anyone can easily pick up and play.
- Platform - Navigating the environment is the focus of the game.
- Puzzle - Problem solving games of skill.
- Racing - Games where the player races others to a goal for the best time.
- Rhythm - Gameplay built around the rhythm in music.
- Role Playing - Stats track character development and strength during the game.
- Shooter - Focus of the game is on shooting targets.
- Simulation - Games that try to accurately simulate real life activities.
- Sport - Real life sports in video game form.
- Strategy - Manage resources and decide tactics.