Welcome to the Glucose mini wiki at Scratchpad!
You can use the box below to create new pages for this mini-wiki. Make sure you type
[[Category:Glucose]] on the page before you save it to make it part of the Glucose wiki (preload can be enabled to automate this task, by clicking this link and saving that page. Afterwards, you may need to purge this page, if you still see this message).
Continuous glucose monitoring
This page is for the sharing of information regarding continuous glucose monitoring devices. Since such devices are relatively new (with the first widely-used devices being approved by the FDA in March of 2006), there is a need for a way for users (and potential users) to share practical information. The technical support staff of the companies that make these devices don't know all the problems (and clever solutions) encountered by every user, and they may also be legally restricted in what they can say about off-label uses of their products.
This site is no substitute for professional medical advice. You should make decisions regarding your healthcare in consulting with your health-care team. There is no guarantee, express or implied, that information on these pages, or on pages linked from here, is correct.
- Available devices and their characteristics (like the Dexcom STS and the Minimed 522/722)
- Personal experiences with particular devices
- Troubleshooting - things that can happen to make devices not work properly, and suggested work-arounds.
- Ask a question that you would like to see answered - hopefully someone will set up a page, or add the answer to the appropriate page.
- Add more topics to this list!