Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stem Cell Transplant/Rescue
- Autologous transplants where patients receive their own stem cells.
- Allogeneic transplants where patients receive stem cells from their brother, sister, or parent, or unknown matched donor.
- Myeloablative Allogeneic Transplant -Patient receives high dose chemotherapy to prepare a disease free environment for 'new' host donated stem cells. Risk of patient developing a host vs graft reaction.
- Nonmyeloablative Transplant -Low dose or standard chemotherapy used to prepare patient for stem cells. Takes a longer period of time to graft and also longer to notice a host vs graft reaction.
- Mini Transplant is a reduced stem cell treatment with lower doses.
- Tandem Transplant is two transplants in a row'
- Graft vs Host -a reaction that can develop when a patients body rejects the donated 'new' stem cells.
High Dose Chemotherapy Used for Stem Cell
Comgination: Busulfan, Melphalan and Thiotepa
Combination: Cyclophosphamid, Carboplatin & Thiotepa
Combination: Thiotepa and Carboplatin
Combination: VP-16, Thiotepa, and Cytoxan with Mesna
Combination: Etoposide, Carboplatiunum, and single dose of Melphalan
Combination: Cyclophosphamide, Busulphan along with Phenytoin, Ciprofloxacin, Fluconazole and Clexane. Melphalan.
See: Treatment Options Stem Cell
- The following is a list of DSRCT patients who have received a Stem Cell transplant or rescue:
- Alaniz , Raymond - Autologous
- Falkenstein , Thomas -Autologous
- Luder , Kristen - Autologous
- Marquis , Jordan - Autologous
- Nailor , Kyle - Autologous
- Orgel , Greg - Autologous
- Rodabaugh , Callie -Autologous
- Spencer , Richard - Autologous
- Spithakis , Anthony -Autologous
- Vodicka, Ryan - Allogeneic
- Adomanis, Jeff
- Bright, Matthew
- Brill, Steven
- Chellsen, Kerry - Tandem
- Daunoras, Jay
- Denault, David
- Eppinette, Daniel
- Gibson, Sarah
- Hendricks, Haley
- Hutchinson, Ryan - Autologous
- Hodges, Marlena - Allogeneic
- Klopper, William
- Lunchuck, Timothy
- Martinson, Chad
- Medlin, Joshua - Allogeneic
- Oberholzer, Chris
- Ott, Keegan - Autologous
- Payne, Steven
- Pusey, Jade
- Schafer, Ryan
- Shield, Jasmine
- Skurat, Steven - Autologous
- Smith, Kyle - Autologous
- Swicegood, Shane Autologous
- Wilson, Derek