Stem Cell Transplant/Rescue
- Autologous transplants where patients receive their own stem cells.
- Allogeneic transplants where patients receive stem cells from their brother, sister, or parent, or unknown matched donor.
- Myeloablative Allogeneic Transplant -Patient receives high dose chemotherapy to prepare a disease free environment for 'new' host donated stem cells. Risk of patient developing a host vs graft reaction.
- Nonmyeloablative Transplant -Low dose or standard chemotherapy used to prepare patient for stem cells. Takes a longer period of time to graft and also longer to notice a host vs graft reaction.
- Mini Transplant is a reduced stem cell treatment with lower doses.
- Tandem Transplant is two transplants in a row'
- Graft vs Host -a reaction that can develop when a patients body rejects the donated 'new' stem cells.
High Dose Chemotherapy Used for Stem Cell
Comgination: Busulfan, Melphalan and Thiotepa
Combination: Cyclophosphamid, Carboplatin & Thiotepa
Combination: Thiotepa and Carboplatin
Combination: VP-16, Thiotepa, and Cytoxan with Mesna
Combination: Etoposide, Carboplatiunum, and single dose of Melphalan
Combination: Cyclophosphamide, Busulphan along with Phenytoin, Ciprofloxacin, Fluconazole and Clexane. Melphalan.
See: Treatment Options Stem Cell
- The following is a list of DSRCT patients who have received a Stem Cell transplant or rescue:
- Alaniz , Raymond - Autologous
- Falkenstein , Thomas -Autologous
- Luder , Kristen - Autologous
- Marquis , Jordan - Autologous
- Nailor , Kyle - Autologous
- Orgel , Greg - Autologous
- Rodabaugh , Callie -Autologous
- Spencer , Richard - Autologous
- Spithakis , Anthony -Autologous
- Vodicka, Ryan - Allogeneic
- Adomanis, Jeff
- Bright, Matthew
- Brill, Steven
- Chellsen, Kerry - Tandem
- Daunoras, Jay
- Denault, David
- Eppinette, Daniel
- Gibson, Sarah
- Hendricks, Haley
- Hutchinson, Ryan - Autologous
- Hodges, Marlena - Allogeneic
- Klopper, William
- Lunchuck, Timothy
- Martinson, Chad
- Medlin, Joshua - Allogeneic
- Oberholzer, Chris
- Ott, Keegan - Autologous
- Payne, Steven
- Pusey, Jade
- Schafer, Ryan
- Shield, Jasmine
- Skurat, Steven - Autologous
- Smith, Kyle - Autologous
- Swicegood, Shane Autologous
- Wilson, Derek