Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This has H = 2; II.3.13d can be used to solve it.
Let be the open set where the two morphisms agree; let be the composition.
- From the assumption construct a map ; let be its restriction to
- Argue (perhaps by a universal property) that , in particular there is a factorization
- use that X is reduced and II.3.11d to show in fact
- apply either projection to get a morphism ; it follows
- play around with stuff like to show
- One example to show all assumptions are necessary: . Consider the maps given by the ring map in the other direction: and , find an open set where they agree. For an exmaple with not separated let it be the affine line with the doubled origin and affine line.